Chapter Thirty Four

I'm so sorry guys, my device locked me out of watt pad and I didn't know my password. It took me ages to figure out what email I used. We're all good now and I have it back. Thank you for being so patient xx

"Angus, the man who survived in the jungle, made his first appearance on television just days ago, recounting his hardship in the jungle and the struggles of coping with the loss of his parents." The television presenter's voice rang throughout the living room.
A clip of Angus walking out to the stage for the interview played as the presenter continued on talking.
"Angus was discovered only months ago by Evelyn Miller and her team on an expedition to study the isolated island. With the purpose to studying nature, instead they found Angus, who is now believed to be dating Evelyn. Their recent split is now confirmed to be false, as they worked out their issues."
Evelyn frowned at the TV, her grip on Angus' hand tightening.
"Where they hell did they get that information from?" She asked, her voice tight. "Why, did someone assume we had a fight? Unless someone shared this with them but who would do that? And who is this person confirming information?
"It's okay," She heard Angus husky voice murmur behind her as he pulled her body even tighter to him. As they lay on the couch, Evelyn between Angus' legs, his warm breath hit her neck in small puffs as he talked to her.
"I just don't get where they got that from?" Her voice was concerned, it wasn't something serious however after Angus' TV appearance, he had been getting a bit more media attention. She glanced back at the screen, now seeing a camera crew walking beside Angus who was walking home from his session one afternoon. The news reporter was politely trying to talk to him with a microphone hear his story, but Angus only awkwardly smiled before speeding off into the grocery store, knowing they weren't allowed to follow him in there.
The scene cut to when Angus left the shop, having seen Evelyn's car waiting for him to jump in after he called for her aid.
"Do they really just assume we had a fight because we weren't seen together for a bit?" She asked dumbfound.
"I don't care," Angus bluntly said. "I have you now, and it's all that matters." He wasn't even on topic anymore, but after finally having the talk with one another last night and understanding boundaries and limitations, Angus was now confident on not fucking up again.

"She, she touched me Evy." Angus mumbled. "I get basic touching is okay, but I don't want you leaving me again.'
"Who did, Gus?" Evelyn asked with a smile on her face as she turned her attention from a stir fry on the stove. She looked over at him, her smile dropping as she saw her wild man, usually so loving and confident, looking confused and even guilty.
"Today, at the session. Her hand touched mine." Evelyn felt really bad for him now, still not having cleared up boundaries. She knew now they were going to talk. Quickly, she turned off the stove as the food was ready and walked up to him.
His large frame looked down on her, eyebrows furrowed as she hugged him, not keeping her eyes off his.
"Let's talk now, yeah?" He nodded his head, reaching behind to find her hand. He intertwined her fingers with his, a soft smile at seeing the huge comparison between their hands. Gently, he tugged her down towards the couch
He knew the touch of a hand wasn't a big deal, but he wanted to be honest and not hide anything from his Evy.
"So, touching hands." Evelyn stated. Angus looked blankly at her, and nodded his head. He was annoyed she pulled away from him.
"If I go like this," Evelyn placed her hand on top of Angus' hand momentarily, before taking it back. "That's okay. Any minor touching is okay, no matter who it is." She watched him nod his head.
"It's when the touching gets inappropriate or is unnecessary, or uh, sexual, that it becomes a bit of an issue." Once again he nodded his head.
"I am so sorry, Evy." His words sounded so heavy. Even just thinking back onto what he did had him feeling ashamed. He still felt the guilt, and he still had no clue how to make it back up, 100%, to Evelyn.
"I know you are, Gus." She said softly. He reached forwards to pull his Evy close to him, loving the feeling of her being close. His skin felt little tingles when she placed her small hand on his cheek, her thumb moving up and down the definition of his sharp jaw.
"You didn't know better, I never told you anything. It just really fucking hurt when I saw her, and I didn't know what to do." She looked down at her lap
"I feel guilty none of us told you what you can and can't do, and most importantly I feel horrible for just leaving you to manage on your own. But I just needed time to think about everything." She confessed. She felt him place a hand on her chin as he softly coaxed her to look him in the eye.
"You, have nothing to be sorry for." He said softly. "But I do, I am sorry. I know I need to, uh. Make it up to Evy, you again. We just need to talk about everything."
Evelyn nodded her head, feeling her throat tighten a bit, emotion taking over. No tears came to her eyes, however Angus knew the look in her face when she wasn't okay
Without a word, he picked her up and onto his lap, her body sitting on him.
"I love you," he said gently, looking in her eyes.
"I love you." She whispered back.