Chapter Twenty Three

Quick updates for some reason, don't know why :) But I'm really busy this week so there probably won't be another update until later next week xx

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"It was an absolute pleasure working with you today, Angus." Doctor Smith smiled at the man still sitting in just his underwear on the table. "Our next appointment is in two weeks from now, where I'll finish the general checkup, give back some test results and you can hand me back the health questionnaire."

Angus couldn't really care about what he was saying, some words were too big and unfamiliar. He knew Evelyn was listening for him and he was very thankful. He looked down next to him where Evelyn sat, still smaller then him by a while. Her eyes were trained on the doctor and she nodded every now and then taking everything in. Her hair was pulled back today and off her face. Angus still liked her hair like this, but he loved it when her curls were wild and falling down her back messily.

"You can put your clothes back on Gus." Evelyn smiled up at him. He noticed that the doctor had left the room for him to do so. He nodded and couldn't resist the urge, so he kissed her head before pushing himself off the table and to where his pile of clothes were folded neatly in the corner.

Evelyn admired from the small distance as his muscles flexed as he pulled the black trackie shorts up his long legs. She felt herself swooning as he pulled the white tee-shirt over his torso, laughing as he still hadn't adjusted to quickly and smoothly putting on a shirt. A moment later his head popped out of the shirt and a cute smile was on his flushed face.

The shorts were not a problem for Angus as he had been wearing them his whole life, and although he didn't like t-shirts, he could cope with them. What he hated though, were the contraptions they called shoes. He hated the fact that his toes were confined together in a pointy end and no air could get on his feet. Socks are even worse.

"We need to go to the shops, then we can go home." Evelyn smiled at him as he blankly started down at the stupid shoes. "Is that okay?"

Angus sighed, a heavy and dramatic sigh before he bent down and picked up the shoes they call running shoes and put them on his feet with a nod to her question. Tucking the laces into the sides of the shoes because he hasn't mastered the art of a double knot, he stood up and flung an arm around Evelyn's shoulder. A small blush appeared on her cheeks as she leaned into him momentarily before she flung her backpack over one shoulder that had all of the paperwork as they left the building.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Angus felt useless walking through the busy streets. There were so many people around him, all getting in his personal space accidently nudging him. They had been walking for ten minutes already, and Angus felt his anger growing thicker and thicker by the minute. Why can't these people not touch him every few seconds and leave him be? Did they know he wasn't from here, was it because he entered their territory that it's a threat?

The thought itself made his body tense up, his grip on Evelyn's hand unconsciously tightening. The strong grip made Evelyn eyes snap up to Angus, a wave of concern hitting her like a tsunami.

"Hey, Gus. We're almost there." Evelyn said, her soft voice soothing him slightly. "Just a few more minutes, I didn't realize it was going to be this busy sorry." Evelyn felt guilty that the street was so crowded to day. Many and many of people were littered everywhere making where they were walking very intrapersonal with everyone's space. Shoulders were bumped, backs of feet were trod on and some people walking against the flow of people walked straight into you. Evelyn was used to it but she couldn't even begin to fathom what Gus felt like. If he wasn't so tall with his head above everybody than she feels he might have gotten claustrophobia by being boxed in with everyone.