Chapter 9

Diana's POV

Back at camp Achilles questioned me about the whole me taking back the priestess. I explained the best I could without revealing that I was from the future. He still looked at me like I was crazy but apparently he accepted it.

"Diana you do not understand how much I worried for you." He tells me as the tent flap opens and a barely dressed woman looks at us.

I wasn't sure what to think or believe but my instincts were not happy at all. I pull myself away from Achilles. If my looks could kill right now he would be dead.

"How long did you wait before taking her into your bed?!" I practically yell at him.

"She was never in my bed! She is a slave who washes my clothes." He says but my mind won't seem listen.

I turn away from him and walk right out of the tent to the beach without his permission. I really just needed to get away and be with my thoughts.

Already we have messed up so many things. Meg is with child, Achilles should be in love with the priestess but he isn't and then there's me. My heart and my head are constantly arguing with each other.

I scream as loud as I can in frustration as I fall to my knees on the sand. What the hell is going on?! Why are Meg and I here and why can't we go home?! I yell to the so called gods screaming for them to show me what I needed to do.

No answer, go figure. I just break down there I can feel the tears running down my face. I know Achilles and I are so different even in my normal time I didn't know if we would work.

"The gods seem to take their time with answers don't they?" I hear a male voice tell me.

I look over and see a hooded person looking down at me. I just nod my head at him as I try to wipe my tears away. The man sits down beside me.

"I know I'm not the person you want to take advice from but it seems you take a lot on your shoulders." He tells me.

"Who are you?" I ask the man.

He takes his hand and pushes off his hood and surprisingly its Paris looking at me. I was shocked. How did he get here and why did he come?

"Paris?" I ask still shocked.

"Last person you expected to see I'm sure. Forgive me Diana but why did you leave? Was the palace not what you thought it would be?" He says as he makes sure to keep eye contact with me.

"Its not that, I just don't belong in a palace. I really don't belong anywhere." I say with a sigh allowing myself to just breathe for once.

"Everyone has a place. Sometimes we just don't know where it is yet."

This takes me back for a minute. Paris was actually not being selfish. I still knew what lay ahead though. I really didn't want anyone to die.

"Paris, please believe me when I say you need to give Helen back to her true husband." I say as I take his hand to show some compassion to him.

"Diana, on one condition. You return with me to Troy then I swear to you Helen will be returned." Paris says as he grips my hands.

Megs POV

The next morning I woke up early to find Diana. I looked in Achilles tent first only to find him washing his face.

"She's not here. She hasn't been here all night." He tells me and I can see the anger on his face.

"Why would she do that?" I ask him trying to figure out what happened.

"She accused me of bringing another woman into my bed, I denied it but she didn't believe me and she took off." He answers me as he turns his head my way.

"Did something else persuade her to believe otherwise?"

Achilles won't make eye contact with me. I should have known. I mean Diana is younger than me and she tends to be a bit more sensitive as well.

"Diana is different Achilles, she wears her heart on her sleeve so its hurt easily. I'm sure she'll come back." I say as Patroclus walks inside.

"Cousin the king requests your presence." Patroclus tells his cousin.

"What does he want now? To punish us for getting Diana and Meg?" Achilles questions.

"No, something about Helen. I don't know much but he wants to speak with all the leaders." He responds.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? What could have possibly changed with Helen? Patroclus and Achilles walk out of the tent. I ran out to try and find Diana. Lucky for me she was asleep on the beach.

"Di I swear sometimes I really think you are mermaid." I say as I sit down in the sand beside her.

After a few minutes her eyes open and she squints up at me.

"Morning Ariel." I say with a laugh.

"Uh hello. What are you doing here?" Diana asks me.

"Achilles was just summoned to the King. I don't have a good feeling about this." I admit to her.

"Oh great. However I may have an answer to our problems with her and Paris." She tells me as she sits up.

"Uh huh and what's your plan then?" I ask her.

"I can't tell you Meg but you have to trust me alright?" She asks me with her serious face on.

"I don't like this, whenever you make that face I know its not good." I tell her as we both look put to the ocean. "Promise me you'll be OK though Di."

"I promise Meg. Have you told Patroclus yet?"

"Haven't had the time really. He's so busy I'm surprised we had time to make a baby." I tell her with a giggle.

"You need to tell him Meg. Maybe that will make him think twice." She tells me.

Hey everyone sorry it has been so long since I updated this but now I finally have! Hope you enjoyed it!