Chapter 11

Achilles POV

Late that night I heard rumors that I was determined to find out were true or not. After hours of searching I found Patroclus and Meg in their tent. Surely they could tell I was angry about the rumors going on.

"Are they true? Tell me now!" I demand of the both of them.

"If they are there is nothing you can do. Diana is not your property and is able to make decisions of her own. You will truly never understand the reason she did this because you are not suppose to." Meg says standing up and walking before me. "Diana just save thousands of lives Achilles, can you say you have ever done the same?"

"What do you speak of woman?" I ask her not understanding her reasoning.

"Diana was selfless, willing to trade her own life and freedom to make sure that people didn't die all because of one woman." Meg says as looks away from me. "Diana left to make the deal but it was not her that purposed it. I can not say who it was but yes it is true. Helen will return in the morning and then you will see if she was the real cause of the war."

After saying this Meg can't even look at me as she sits down on their bed. She looks incredibly tired as if she has not rested for days. Patroclus stands up and I walk with him outside of the tent. After trying to explain to me there is nothing I can do to bring her back he returns to his tent. Walking back to mine, I look out the opening of my tent right to the moon. Wondering what Diana would be doing right now?

"I didn't want you to leave, why did you have to take this all upon yourself?" I ask as I look up to the stars. "Why didn't I stop you?"

Diana's POV

The night was cool as I walked out onto the balcony as I looked up to the moon. So many things had happened and now Helen was being returned tomorrow and now I am here with Paris and Hector. Just like Paris wanted. Would her return truly stop the war though? A part of me didn't think so. I held myself as I continue to look at the moon. Achilles must be incredibly angry for I am sure rumors have spread through out the camp. Still I know that I was able to do this and save people. I would rather save thousands of innocent people then send them to their death.

"Diana?" I hear a male voice call out from behind me.

The man approaches and I barely look over to find Hector put a robe around me. Hector was so kind to me and wasn't as harsh as Achilles. He even saved my life by risking his own when I was drowning.

"Something troubles you?" he asks me as he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"What is the deal doesn't work? What if this war continues? I couldn't bare to see that happen." I tell him as I turn and look him right in the eye. "Hasn't there been enough death?"

"I wish more people saw as you do Diana, men by nature are greedy. They want things for reasons they possibly don't know themselves. I do not know for sure if returning Helen will stop this or not but I believe it is worth trying." he tells me as he pulls me closer to him.

"You are to return her are you not? What if it is a trap? What if they try to hurt you?" I ask him in a panicked tone.

"They can try to harm me all they want but they will not have any success. Please do not worry I swear I will return to you." he tells me as he puts his hand on my cheek.

Return to me, would he really? Knowing the people in this war I knew there was no one you could trust 100%. I didn't even know what to say then.

The Next Day

After breakfast, I was walking trying to ease my mind if that was possible when Paris came to my side and decided to try and cheer me up. He might have done it if he wasn't half the reason for this whole war in the first place.