Chapter 29

Diana's POV

I could hear other people all around me although my eyes were still closed and I was feeling the weakest I had ever felt in my life. Worry and panic seemed to be the only tones that were being used by the people around me. Judging by the feeling underneath me I was laying on a pile of furs, more than likely it was Achilles "bed" if you could even call it that. Meg had to be nearby as did Achilles that is if he ever left my side.

"She is very weak, we have done all we can but now she is in the hands of the gods." I hear a deep male voice tell the people here with me.

Great I was in the hands of the gods again, they really must be getting tired of me by now. I could feel someone put their hand on my cheek and caress it. It was Achilles, I knew his rough hands compared to Meg who usually kept her hands soft to the best of her abilities.

"Damn woman would never listen to a word I told her." Achilles says in a deep masculine voice.

"She never listened to anyone, that's just how she was and now its gotten her into more trouble." I could hear Meg cry.

"Do you two ever stop talking?" I question, honestly to see if I can even talk at all yet.

"Di?!" I hear Meg yell at me.

Very gently I open my eyes and I see that I am in Achilles tent. Meg, Achilles and Patroclus are in here with me and looking down at me with complete shock on their faces. Apparently, they thought that I was going to die as well.

"The gods really don't want me." I try to joke as Achilles carefully and very slowly take me into his arms.

"Many thanks to them for not wanting you." Achilles says as he holds me close to him. "Order the others to pack up, we are leaving this war is done."

Patroclus doesn't argue, for once but instead makes his way out of the tent. Meg smiles as she looks at me and I can see even more tears swelling up in her eyes. That woman couldn't catch a break and most of the time it was because of me. Achilles began to explain to Meg and I of where we would go now that the war was over. Apparently, there was an island that Achilles mother lived on and that is where we would sail to. Not a bad plan at all in my mind since we were apparently stuck here for good.

Though Achilles had given the order to pack it had taken almost a full month before we could leave just to allow my body time to heal. Achilles was not willing to take any chances either. We would be the last army to leave troy.

My body did heal and I never want to get a cracked rib again in my lifetime. I was able to walk around after about two and a half weeks and was allowed to walk around as long as I was within screaming distance of Meg, Achilles of Patroclus. I could scream pretty loud too. Still I wanted to be alone at least one more time.

Walking along the shore I looked out to the ocean and began to wonder if this was the plan all along. Maybe for some reason Meg and I didn't belong in the future and this was just nature's way of correcting it's mistake. That was the only somewhat reasonable explanation I could come up with and it didn't really sound good to me but that was all I had.

"Finally returning to the sea?' a familiar voice calls out to me.

Turning around I am very surprised to see Hector dressed in royal blue walking my way. He was either crazy or had a real death wish. Though I didn't tell him to run away either.

"Something like that? What of you Prince Hector? Found a new land to call your own?" I question as he comes to stand right before me.

"A new land full of new opportunities and new people, yes we have found that though I know I will never find another like you." Hector tells me as he looks deep into my eyes. "Not that I would want to, there is only one Diana."

"One that must tell you goodbye, though I do not deny my heart does feel something for you...we would never work out." I admit with a shrug of my shoulders. "You deserve a princess, I am definitely not a princess as I have told you many times before."

"I understand Diana, your heart belongs to Achilles, it will always be with him and for that I envy him but I will only wish you happiness." Hector says as he embraces me. "May the gods bless and guide you through life smoothly."

Smiling I hug Hector back and hope the same for him. I truly hoped and prayed that he would find a good wife and would have many children. Pulling back Hector leaned in and kissed me one last time. It was the saddest kiss I had ever experienced.

"Good bye Diana." Hector smiled as he turned around to leave. "I will tell Paris you said good bye as well."

I didn't say anything as I watched him walk off, I had no idea where he was going or where the new kingdom he would rule one day was but I hoped that somehow, someday we would meet again.

"So, was it hard telling the prince good bye?" Meg calls out to me as she walks up.

"Every goodbye is hard Meg, you know that." I laugh as I look over at her.

"Especially if it's to someone that no matter how much you deny it you did love him a little." Meg says as she comes to my side and hip bumps me. "Not that I blame you, he is one heck of a hunk."

Laughing I just nudge Meg back not bothering to give her an answer since she already knew what my reply would be anyway. We made our way back to the camp where the men were finishing tearing down the tents and loading them into the boats.

"There you are, we had figured you went to the sea but don't straddle off again. I would hate to see Achilles go mad again." Patroclus said with an eye roll.

"I don't think she's going anywhere, her place is right beside Achilles." Meg smiles as she hugs Patroclus.

Speaking of Achilles, I turn just in time to see him walking right up to me and taking me into his arms before kissing me deeply. I didn't have time to say a word to him but I was not going to stop his kiss just to say something to him. Instead I wrap my arms around his neck.

"We leave tonight, I hate to spend another moment here." Achilles tells all of us. "Just wait until mother meets you."

Who was Achilles mother again? Really I didn't know much about her and I could really use google right now!!!! Well I could just ask Achilles about her couldn't I? Then again I could also ask Patroclus since Achilles mother would be his aunt.

"Stop over thinking Diana, when you meet her she will be very happy to see you." Achilles tells me as we begin to make our way to the shore line again.

"Oh and why is that?" I ask.

"Then she will know Achilles is ready to settle down and give her grandchildren." Patroclus laughs. "Achilles had never brought a woman home to meet his mother."

Grandchildren?!