Chapter 26

Horror was written on my face as I looked and saw Helen fall over dead beside Paris. I had no idea that I was the one who actually had taken her life. I didn't even remember grabbing the dagger let alone stabbing her in the back literally. Paris is in shock as well as he looks between me and Helen.

"I...how...I don't even know how I did that." I say looking at my hands, the hands that just took life from a human body.

Paris comes to my side and pulls me close to him as we hear more people coming. He didn't say anything as he held me close to him and led me into the halls of the palace. Fear was now coursing through me. I had actually killed someone. My head tried to rationalize I though, it was true that if hadn't of killed her that there was no guarantee that she wouldn't have killed Paris.

"Diana snap out of it. Now is not the time to have your head somewhere else, this is war and we need to survive in anyway possible." Paris tells me as he holds me still.

We stop and Paris looks peaks his head out from behind a wall to see if it was clear. Judging by the sounds around us it wasn't. Paris quickly returns to both of us hiding on the wall. Looking my way I can see fear in his eyes too. Neither of us wanted to die and we both knew that more than likely we would have to fight our way out of it. Looking to me Paris grabbed my face and leaned into me to the point where we were only inches apart.

"Take my blade and stab anyone that comes near you, it doesn't matter if you kill them or not just stab and run make your way to the throne room and get to Hector." Paris tells me in all seriousness.

"What about you? Shouldn't you be there too?" I question as I place my hands over the top of his. "Paris I'm not going to leave you to die."

"This is all my fault Diana, if I hadn't have been stupid and thought I was in love and stolen a woman none of this would have happened. No one would have had to die." Paris says as he starts to look at me.

"No! War and death will always happen no matter what you or I do. Peace is a foreign concept to us a humans. Peace is not something we can seem to keep for a long period of time. I cannot bare to see you or Hector among the dead and I will do all that I can to prevent that." I tell him as I try and make my voice serious even though I am scared to death as well.

"Diana you don't-" Paris starts but I surprise him by grabbing his head and kissing him with as much passion and a little bit of force that I could muster.

"If you say you need something to fight for as you did for Helen then fight for me. Get us to safety and keep me alive please Paris I beg you." I tell him as I look at him with a mixture of meekness and strength.

Paris looks me in the eyes and holds me close to him. Sensing others coming Paris takes another dagger that I don't know he had and give it to me as he takes out his sword. Fear and panic run through his eyes and I get his attention trying to get him to listen to me and fight and not abandon me as well.

"Paris, be the man and warrior I know you can be. A name can live on forever because of the actions of the man who owned the name." I tell him as I embrace him.

Paris embraces me again and pulls away just as the Greeks make it to the end of the hall and see us. Well this is the true test now, hopefully Paris will have grown a pair and actually fight instead of cowering away. Surprising me Paris attacks with his sword as the men see me behind him. One takes interest in me and comes to attack me. Using my dagger I slash at him and blood begins to poor from his neck and eve gets on my dress. Paris takes down the three without help surprising him and myself. Turning back to me Paris takes my hand and we begin to run again. We run out to the courtyard we just tried to escape from since this is the one that held Helen's body and when we got there we were met with a big surprise.

 We run out to the courtyard we just tried to escape from since this is the one that held Helen's body and when we got there we were met with a big surprise

There in the center stood Achilles looking down at Helen. I couldn't tell what he was going to do because all he did was stare at her. Paris kept me behind him as we just watched Achilles. Finally he made a move and looked over at Paris and I. I knew Achilles thought of Paris as a coward and would have no problem killing him. Paris would have no chance against him.

"Paris go to the throne room and get help, I can handle Achilles." I say in a light whisper.

Paris looks back at me completely confused but after a few moments he nods and takes off. Well he probably thinks I am going to die just like I do so what not be killed by the man I lost my purity to? Achilles takes two steps just so he can face me and there is quite the distance between us. Looking down at his blade I can see that it is covered in blood as is his armor.

"Why was he of all people acting as though he was protecting you?" Achilles asks as he keeps his eyes focused on me.

"Perhaps because he thought he was. War and enemies have many faces." I reply as I hold my dagger close to me but pray that I don't have to use it.

"If you knew he was the one to kill me then why join sides with him?"

"Perhaps I was trying to distract him and keep him as far away from you as possible since you don't listen to reason at all. All you think Achilles is what will benefit you most and make your name live on and true along with you death you name will live on but as nothing but a weak tendon in the leg, the one which kills you." I tell him as I try to stay calm though I can feel the anger bubbling up inside of me.

Achilles sighs as he looks back to Helen.

"He had no problem killing one lover, what makes you think he wouldn't do the same to you?" Achilles says looking at me with deadly eyes.

"I killed Helen, not Paris." I admit earning a shocked look from Achilles. "I couldn't even control my own actions, she was about to kill Paris with her dagger then the next thing I knew I had a blade in her back and blood running down from the wound."

"So now you are a killer as well, not as easy as it looks is it?" Achilles says taking the dagger from Helens back and looking at it. "A royal blade though, must be from Hector or Paris."

"I stole it from a guard I hit over the head with a pot." I say as I keep my eyes on him.

"You hit him over the head with a pot? You are resourceful Diana after all you got me to believe I was in love with you and that you in love with me." Achilles says tossing the dagger to the side.

"I never denied being in love with you."

"Yet you bedded both princes?"

"No...just Hector...you dare to judge me though? The gods as you so call them only know how many women have been in your bed." I say with a scoff as I cross my arms.

Are we really having this argument here and now? I think we'd better move onto a different topic.

"I gave you everything, you shared my food and my bed anything I had was yours and how do you repay me?"

"Enough, you know nothing about what I have done to keep you alive as well as others! I have risked my life and my own body for more than you could ever imagine. If you want to kill me then just do it and get it over with." I tell him as I walk up to Achilles and take my dagger and place it's tip right over my heart. "I will not fight, if you wish me dead then so be it, I'm just another life you took ahead of its time."

Achilles looks down at the dagger and its placement before he looks back to my eyes and realizes I am serious. He brings his hand up and puts it around my own and squeezes. Even if he did do it then he would still die in the long run. I wouldn't be able to distract Paris and an arrow would kill Achilles just as history had written before.