Chapter 15

Diana's POV

My body was weak, there was no way to deny that still I knew I couldn't let Achilles kill Hector. Lifting myself up wasn't easy since the stitching in my shoulder was pretty tight and the bandage over it would need to be changed soon. That didn't stop me from standing up though. Once that was accomplished I went over to the basin and was very happy to see clean water int he bowl. Washing my face and what body I could felt good.

"What in the world do you think you are doing?" I hear Meg call out to me.

Turning to her I can't help but smile. I thought I was suppose to the be older more responsible one? Guess things change after you get injured. Still I knew I couldn't be stopped, not even by Meg. In fact she would be my ally now.

"You have to help me, Achilles is going to kill Hector and we can't let that happen. It will only bring more chaos." I tell her as I manage to change into a new dress.

"Di? What in the world? Why are you doing this? After all wasn't it you who said we can't change the past?" Meg question as she helps me with the dress.

"We have the chance to Meg, I was wrong I think this is our chance to save all these people. I saved Patroclus didn't I?" I question her as she nods her head at me and helps tie the last part of my dress.

"What is your plan?" Meg asks with me with a serious face and her hands on her hips.

Achilles POV

Bringing Patroclus with me might not have been the best idea but I knew he would be able to handle himself to a point. I knew he felt guilty about what happened to Diana. I was still fuming from it and now I would be able to take my revenge on Hector. Man to man. He had better be willing to accept my challenge as well. We made our camp just a few miles outside of Troy so that we all could get in a good rest before the battle tomorrow. I was going to make sure it would happen.

"You are either thinking about Diana on killing Hector. Which is it?" Patroclus asks me not even turning away from the fire he was looking into.

"Both, I'm still angry with you about taking my armor and leading my men." I tell him as I throw a stick into the fire.

"We needed to fight!" Patroclus yells

"That was my decision to make not yours! Now look what you actions caused! Diana may be dead for all I know!" I yell at Partoclus then make my way to my tent.

The next morning I woke early and was dressed ready to take my revenge on Hector. With my comrades with me I knew we would not loose if Hector decided a battle needed to take place. Once we stood before the gate of Troy only to hear Hector and his father the King call out to us.

"You have what you want! Leave us in peace!" The King yells out to my army.

"You have killed one of our own. We come to take the head of the man who killed her!" I yell out to them at the top of my lung.

Hector looked completely shocked as I told him of Diana's death. The King looked to his son confused and Hector began to explain to him what happened. The King looked concerned at first but then did something not even I could have seen coming. The King slapped Hector.

"You dared to kill a woman with you blade?! A woman you once told me you loved?!" The King yelled clearly angry by his sons actions.

Paris was standing beside his brother as he looked out to me. Would the youngest Prince dare to say something to me? After all this is more his fault than anyone.

"I challenge you Hector! Man against Man. This way I can avenge Diana's death!" I call out to him.

Hector looked down at me and seemed accept his fate with a nod. Well that was the only manly thing the man had ever done in his life I am sure. Paris and the King tried to beg him to stop and not come down and fight me. An hour went by as the gates of Troy opened wide to us. Hector rode out on a chariot and was only a few feet away from me when an arrow came flying out of nowhere.

"You dare to have your archers attack me?!" I yell at Hector who honestly looks just as surprised at I am.

"No! I dare to aim for you!" I hear a female voice call out.

Turning to our right both of us are surprised by the sight we see. There standing to the side is none other than Meg and Diana standing right beside her. Hector and I could barely believe our eyes. Was this a trick or die she really live? Dismounting the chariot Hector began to walk up to Diana and Meg. I followed close behind him. Once there I could tell Diana was very weak for her skin was pale and Meg was barely able to hold her up.

"Diana? What in the world are you doing here?" I ask her as she looks at me with a small and fragile smile.

"I have come to beg you for one last wish." she tells me as I can see her face wet with sweat.

"Anything, please tell me and I will grant it for you." I tell her as her legs give in and she falls to the ground.

Hector manages to picks her up and hold her much against my will but I knew she was in trouble and I wasn't going to start a fight right now. All I wanted was to hear her last wish. Kneeling down beside her I took her hand and looked into her weak eyes.

"My wish must be fulfilled by you and Hector...please don't kill each other." Diana begs me as she looks into my eyes.

Her last wish, her dying wish was that Hector and I would not kill each other. Though I knew it wasn't a good idea I nodded to her in agreement as did Hector. Smiling Diana reached her hand out to me and put her hand on my cheek.

"I'm sorry...I didn't help you both sooner." she tells me as she then looks to Hector and with one last smile on her face Diana's body then goes limp into Hector's embrace.

I watched as Diana's hand fell from my cheek and I felt a part of my heart go with it. Looking up to Hector I could tell we would both make sure her wish would be fulfilled but we needed to be away with one another. Meg began to cry and Patroclus came over to comfort her.

"Take her into the city, bury her as one of your own. Perhaps then your gods will forgive you for her death." I say through clenching teeth as I stand and order my army to return back to camp.

"Trojans will honor her and accept her body as one of their own." Hector assures me as he stands up with Diana in his arms.

"Don't mistake me Trojan Prince. This wish is only for her, if I could I would kill you on the spot. Your people had better honor her for all she sacrificed for them. Including her life." those were my last words to Prince Hector as I helped a crying Meg up with Patroclus and walked away from Troy...just like I promised Diana.