Chapter 18

Diana's POV

I thought it was over, that I would never have to think of Troy or Paris or even Hector as well as Meg and Patroclus as nothing but memories.

I was wrong.

It seemed as though I was back in the land I had once left for the Trojan war, still a part of me knew that something was off. Though the things around me were just like the ones in my time something was different. That's when I felt a strong hand touch my face and as if I were waking from a dream my eyes opened again and there stood Hector before me. I didn't understand it, I remembered waking up in my own time with Achillies, unless that was somehow all a dream.

"She's alive?" the King asks looking at Hector completely confused, just like me at this point.

"The gods must be watching out for her, I swear father her heart did stop, I felt it myself." Hector said looking from myself to his father. "Is this some sort of miracle?"

The King didn't know what to say as the healers came forward and began to look me over in any way that they could. From checking my eyes to my pulse it seemed as though I had returned from the dead. Or perhaps I was in such a deep sleep that I appeared to be dead and did in fact dream that in my own time Achillies and I were together and normal, something I doubt would ever happen nor would I dream of again.

"Her heart is strong my King, the gods must have helped her fight her way back to the living." the healer says to Hector and the King.

Looking down I see I am in a white dress, one that I wouldn't doubt royalty would wear. Slowly lifting my hand I touch my head and can feel a crown of leaves upon my head. This had to mean that I was dead, why else would Hector have brought me back here? Looking to Hector I can still see shock in his face as another face bursts through the crowd and there stands Paris who manages to crack a small smile.

"Not willing to give up on the living just yet?" Paris asked as he looked at me.

"I suppose not, I really don't remember very much at all." I say still in a bit of a daze.

"It is a good thing you brought her back, however she needs rest and I doubt this is the place to allow her to rest and keep her sanity, I suggest someone take her to a room far from here." the only female healer said as she looked to Hector and Paris.

"I shall, this way Paris can keep an eye out for any enemies." Hector says as he lifts me into his arms and to be honest yes I did feel very tired.

Hector held me close to his body as he began to walk out of the room followed by the King and a few other servants. I didn't know what to say or do so I just decided to keep silent as I tried to figure things out for myself. One question did pop up in my mind though. How will Achilles react when he finds out that I am in fact not dead? I can't imagine it will be a good reaction at all. Hector looks down at me as he embraces me.

"For a moment I thought I lost you, all of us did, and I didn't get the chance to apologize to you. Please forgive me Diana for I know you could not be a spy." Hector says as he looks as though he may even cry but that was still doubtful.

*"For a moment there you did, would you like to know what heaven looks like?" I ask trying to lighten the mood. "I believe you Hector and I know you did not mean the words you said so you are forgiven."

Hector manages to smile down at me as we reach a room, one that I remembered when I was here. This was the room that I had used when Paris saved/bought me. Hector pushed the doors open with one push of his leg and took me right to the bed and laid me down.

"Father, I wish to have a word with Diana alone, then you may speak with her as much as you wish." Hector asks and the King nods as he then walks out with the others following close behind him.

"What will happen if Achilles finds out that I am not dead?" I question Hector as he looks at me as though he had been thinking the exact same thing.

"He would probably demand you back, I would have to fight him and we would fight to the death." Hector said standing and looking away from me. "I would end him so you would never have to go to him again."

"You said so yourself he wouldn't have trouble finding a new woman, you don't think he will just move on and find someone else?" I question as I sit up in the bed and stare him down.

"That's possible, as long as you are not seen and kept safe here I doubt he will do anything. The Greeks will leave and he will go with them. After that we can talk about a future." Hector says looking over his shoulder at me. "Achilles is not who you think he is, though his mother may have had him blessed by the gods but he isn't loyal to anyone but himself, think about that Diana before you decide who would be best for you."

Hector takes my hand and kisses it before turning and walking out of my room. What scared me was he had a good point. Achilles was only loyal to himself, not to mention no matter how much I dreamed he would never be the man that I dreamed of. He killed others and fought for men with such horrible powers under their hands. Did I really want to be a part of that? My head then decides to give me another question, would the Trojan horse be happening sometime soon as well?