Chapter 33

Diana's POV

I had sent the message off to Meg and within a matter of hours she was at the palace trying to make sure that I was alright. The truth was I didn't know how to feel and I didn't know how to tell Alec that his father was missing. That wasn't something I had ever though I would have to tell my son. Meg had offered to watch the children including Leivitica while I tried to come up with a plan on how to tell Alec the horrible news.

"Why? Patroclus made it sound like he just took off and that after all of this time he didn't want to return to his wife and child." I say to myself as I pace around my room trying to make sense of everything that had just happened.

Did he fall in love with another? Did Achilles decide he didn't want us anymore? He wouldn't be the first man to ever turn and run from his family but I had thought that Achilles had more honor and pride in his family then that.

"You are going to wear out your sandals that way." Paris speaks up as I turn around and see him leaning against a pillar. "He just left huh?"

Nodding because I really didn't want to admit it out loud I tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes. I tried to be brave, I didn't want anyone to see that I was weak even though Paris was the only one with me at the moment.

"I'm sorry Diana, I wish I knew what to tell you...sometimes people fall out of love. Believe me I would know." Paris said trying to lighten the mood and it did work just a little.

"What do I do now? I have to tell Alec and now we have no one to support us, I can't bare to go back and ask Achilles mother to take us in...somehow I know my pride wouldn't let me anyway." I tell him with a sigh as I rub my arms.

"Well...stay here. Hector would have no problem with you staying here and Livitica already loves you. She really thinks you're a princess like her. We can keep you here with your son, happy and healthy." Paris smiles as he walks up to me.

"I don't think the other advisors would like that, they already hate the amount of attention Hector gives me now. I just fear it would cause more trouble."

"Do not worry about them, Hector can get rid of them with a snap of his fingers but I know he would never send you away. You have to know he still loves you Diana." Paris tells me which I already kind of knew but was afraid to admit.

When I married Achilles I never thought that I would be happier. A few years later after Alec was born I could see Achilles was growing restless...I thought he wanted to go off to the wars. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he had just grown tired of me?

"Don't be afraid Diana, you and Alec are safe here and if Achilles does return then you can go with him if you wish. It's not like we would ever force you to stay." Paris says as he turns and leaves.

Hearing laughter I make my way to the garden and see Meg talking with her two daughters and Livtica but on the side I saw Aegeus and Alec were being taught by Hector. He was showing them how to hold a shield, it was wooden so I knew they wouldn't be hurt but as I watched Hector teaching my son just as Achilles use to before he left and Alec was much smaller it brought a strange feeling to my heart. Hector was then tackled to the ground by the two boys as laughter erupted through the garden. Did I still love Hector?

"Diana? Are you ok?" Meg called out to me as she made her way up to me.

"Meg, I need to talk to Hector would you take the kids with Paris to get some food please?" I question Meg.

Meg looked back to Hector and then to me and nodded. Without saying a word to me she and Paris gathered up all of the children and left the garden. Once again it was just Hector and I. Thinking that I must be out of my mind I tried to find the words to say to Hector as he strode up to me.

"Diana is something wrong?" Hector asked as he reached his hand out and gently caressed my cheek.

Leaning into his touch was something I never thought I would feel again. Pain and regret came to my heart. Did I miss something with Hector because I was so caught up with Achilles? Looking up with tears in my eyes Hector pulls me into his embrace. I didn't know what to say and no matter how hard I tried no words came from my lips but the tears did fall from my eyes.

"He may have left you Diana but I didn't...I never will." Hector tells me as he holds me tight.

"You may think I am a horrible person, I actually wish you were still in love with me-" I start to tell Hector but he silences me as his lips collide with mine.

His kiss was slow at first but as I leaned into it he began to become a bit more aggressive and after not being kissed for four years my head and body went right along with Hector's lead. Other's may have thought I was a horrible person and that what I was doing was wrong but how could something so wrong feel so right at the same time. Wrapping my arms around Hectors neck we heard footsteps but didn't pull away.

"My king." One of the advisors cleared his throat to make his presence known.

Hector did pull away from our kiss and looked at the advisor but did not release me from his embrace. Instead he turned us so that the advisor could clearly see that we were busy and didn't need to be disturbed.

"One of the suitors for you are here." The advisor says as he narrows his eyes at me.

"They will not be needed, I can rule without a queen as many others have." Hector replies as he narrows his eyes at the advisor.

"My king, with all due respect has that witch cast a spell on you? This is your chance to make and ally. We need as many as we can get." The advisor insists.

"No, I am the King and I stand by my own decision and what have I told you about respecting Diana? I would truly hate for the goddess whose name she shares to hear you speak so unkindly about her." Hector warns the man. "Now leave us."

The old man doesn't argue but I know that I will have to keep my eye on him now. If not he maybe out to kill me. Turning away the older advisor instructs the others to follow him and make their way out of the garden. Great, that was all that I needed, another enemy.

"If they give you and trouble then inform me at once, please Diana." Hector says as he places his hand under my chin and makes me look up at him.

"I don't want to cause you so much trouble Hector." I reply honest.

"You have never caused me trouble, you have saved me and my family more times than I can remember. Allow me to took care of you and your son to return the favor? If you want to leave now or if Achilles return then you may but until then stay here with me and help me to keep myself and Livitica happy." Hector asks as he looks down at me with one of the most sad faces I had ever seen in my life.

Nodding I agreed to stay...having no idea what lay ahead for me.