Chapter 20

Achilles POV

Standing at the seaside, I look out to the ocean. The place where I had found Diana and saved her life, only to have her taken from me sometime later. This was something that others would think I was used to. After all everyone's lives are in the hands of the gods, or so my warriors tell me. The wind brushed past my face as a small bit of hope was still inside me. Somehow wishing she would come up from the ocean again or even better that this was all just a bad dream and I would wake up with her in my arms again. Foolish thoughts believe me I know, never had I heard of anyone coming back from the dead.

"You still look to the see?" Patroclus's voices breaks my train of thought. "Why cousin? Do you think that she may appear again?"

"That would be the thoughts of a fool, what is it you need Patroclus?" I say as I don't turn my head to even acknowledge him.

"The others have prepared. Though you made a promise to Diana not to kill Hector I hope you may allow one of the others to do it. The horse is ready and we make our attack in three days' time according to Odysseus." Patroclus informs me as he walks to my side.

"Seem's everyone is making plans without me." I say at I turn to walk away from him.

"They know you mourn her, however cousin this is also the perfect time to attack, apparently the prince had feelings for her too and you do not even know if she gave him reason for those feelings." Patroclus finished and just those words were enough to make rage boil inside my veins.

Turning back I grab Patrcolus hard gripping his clothing hard I make sure that he can see the anger and rage inside of my eyes, showing him that he had pushed a limit.

"You know nothing, therefore do not accuse other's. Diana is dead and it is wrong to speak ill of the dead for they cannot defend themselves. You remember her for what she was, after all she was braver then you and I cannot forgive you nor Hector for her death." I practically yell at him.

Patroclus looks scared and he should. Shoving him to the ground I point my finger at him as if giving him a silent warning before turning on my heel and walking back to my tent.

Meg's POV

Only a few days and the Trojan horse would be in Troy and weather anyone wanted Achilles to find out about Diana still being alive, well he was definitely going to find out. There had to be a way to warn Diana though! I didn't want her to die...again. H all the thoughts running through my head as well as my pregnancy scatter brain! Sighing I sit down on the cot and try to think of a plan. What was there that I could really do? I was a pregnant woman but in this time that didn't mean squat. Just then Patroclus comes into the tent and his emotions seemed to be a mixture of fear and anger.

"Why does he treat me as though I am a child?!" Patroclus says as he looks to me for an answer.

"You are his cousin, someone he has helped train and watch grow, he will always think of you like that and think that he has to protect you. It's just something the older sibling or well in this case cousin does." I tell Patroclus as he sits down on the sand before me.

"He just stares at the ocean for hours on end, no offense but with any other woman he would have just gotten drunk and been with another woman to get over her." Patroclus said as he took out his dagger and examined it.

"Maybe he was trying to change? I mean I don't know him very well but I knew Diana and she was able to make people second guess themselves a lot, even me. Now he doesn't have her to question him and he's on his own once again." I try to explain so that Patroclus can understand.

Patroclus was about to speak again when the flaps of the tent open and there stood Achilles himself, in his armor which made me curious and confused. They weren't going into the horse for a few days I thought. Patroclus stood quickly and looked Achilles confused as well. Apparently this was news to both of us.

"We leave now, as for Hector, you take his life Patroclus, that way I keep my promise but get my revenge." Achilles tells Patroclus who seems to be happy with his assignment.

Oh crud, this wasn't going to end well at all. Patroclus grabbed his things as he turned to me. If he thought he was going to leave me at camp with all these idiots he was wrong. Standing I look at him eye to eye.

"There is no way in hell that I am being left here alone, either I go with you or I find my own way." I tell him as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Meg, it isn't safe. You need to think about our child as well. If something happened to either of you I would never forgive myself." Patroclus says as he moves forward.

"Then what explanation would you have for yourself if someone raided the camp and killed us? We are better off with you where you say you can defend us instead of being left behind and knowing nothing." I tell him as I shock myself at how much I sounded like Diana.

"She has a point, she can stay inside the horse but we must go now." Achilles says and it nearly gives me a heart attack knowing that he was on my side, that or he just wanted us to shut up so he could go.

Probably the second option.

Grabbing what things we could we made our way to the horse. Seeing it in real life was something that was indescribable. This thing had to have taken forever to build and now it was going to take so many lives to their deaths. Climbing up the ladder and going to a corner where I would sort of be hidden I looked through the cracks as the rest of the soldiers came in. Closing my eyes I began to develop a plan to save Diana and whoever else I could.

Achilles and Patroclus came and sat down beside me. I wondered how long it would take all of us to get there because this was not a trip I was looking forward to. Achilles took out his sword and began to clean it. It wasn't hard to feel the sadness coming from him. Feeling sorry for him was something that came almost natural to me. I grimaced as I began to wonder what would happen when or if he met Diana again. Who was to say that a soldier who didn't know who she was ended her again? That was enough to bring more tears to my eyes.

"Why do you spill tears?" Achilles asks me.

"I can't help but think about Diana." I somewhat lie but also tell the truth.

"She is safe now, no one can harm her. One day we all will join her. Some of us sooner than others." Achilles said not taking his attention from sharpening his sword.

Just those words caused me to gulp. I didn't want anyone to die, I really didn't but what could I do to stop a massive army that was going to war for practically no reason?