Chapter 30

Diana's POV

Ten years have passed since the war at Troy. Many things have happened, some good and some not so good. Patroclus as Meg have four children, that was amazing in my eyes but they are happy. Wars still come and of course with Achilles reputation he was always practically begged to join someone's cause. Fighting and war was something he was good at, it seemed as though it was something he was born to do.

We were married not too long after the war and a few years after that we had a child ourselves, a son, Alec meaning defender of man. A trait no doubt he would take after his father. Walking through the new towns we came through both Alec and his four cousins were known to be a bit rambunctious as they visited the city in which Meg and Patroclus now lived in, the new city which Hector and his wife ruled with "guidance'' from Paris and whoever he was with that year. I guess some things really do never change.

"Mother, can I go with Aegeus down to the fountain?" Alec asks as we walk through the market.

"Only if you two promise not to jump in it this time, I have heard more than enough from the other mothers of the town." I tell them in a kind but knowing voice.

Both boys who were only the age of seven and eight an off in delight as they made their way to the fountain. Meg looked over at me with a look of surprise on her face.

"You do know they will still get scolded for something when they are down there right? After all the only of heir of Achilles is bound to draw attention." Meg laughs as she carries her youngest on her hip.

"Legends never die I suppose." I reply with a shrug as we continue to walk.

"Today is the mourning day, the queen will be put to rest." Meg says as she looks to the palace not too far off in the distance.

"The queen? What happened to her?" I question.

"She was sick for a long time though no one knows for sure what happened. Only gave Hector a daughter as well so no doubt more noble women will be making their way to the palace to try and win his heart." Meg replied rolling her eyes. "You know he has to have a male heir after all."

Male heir rule, never in my life did I understand that rule. Women could do the same thing a man could so why couldn't the be taught to rule just like a prince would? Shrugging again I made my way through the stalls not really looking for anything but just killing time. Turning to walk down another corridor I can see Alec and his cousin playing in the fountain just like they said they would however they weren't inside of it. Alec looked so much like his father that sometimes I swore I was looking right at Achilles but that was impossible now.

All the sudden I felt someone grab my arms and push me up against a wall. Fear and panic went through my mind as I felt something cold be held against my neck. Whoever this was had a dagger at my neck and no doubt they wanted money.

"Give me all you have woman and I may spare your life." The man whispered to me and then licked my neck.

I struggled to try and get out of his grasp and just as I was about to cry out to Alec someone pulled him off of me. I closed my eyes tight in fear that whoever pulled him off would want something more from me either as a reward or they were also a common street thief as well.

"Why don't you go find a job and earn money instead of stealing it like the filth you are?" the voice which did sound familiar tell the man.

Turning back I was so surprised at who stood there I feared that my legs wouldn't hold my body. Though ten years had passed Paris still looked very much the same but now showed a sense of courage that he had not had before. The thief nodded then took off running. Bending down Paris picked up my bag and handed it to me.

"Have to be more careful-" Paris started until he got a good look at me. "Diana? Is it really you?"

"Paris, I'm surprised to see you have that kind of courage now." I smile as I cross my arms and look him over. "I dare say that you have matured quite a bit."

"I'll take that as a compliment from you. Have you come for the mourning ceremony?"

"To be honest I didn't know about it, I was only here to visit Meg and her family but I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your queen. How is Hector holding up?" I ask Paris as we begin to walk to the fountain.

"Well he is Hector, he and the queen got along well but I wouldn't say they were in love or anything like that. He did his duty as did she but now he has to go looking all over again. After all you know the whole Male heir rule." Paris finishes as we get to the fountain.

"Alec...does your mom know Prince Paris?" Aegeus asks as both the boys look over shocked.

"You have a son? No doubt by Achilles." Paris smiles as he looks to the boys. "Your mother and I knew one another almost ten years ago."

"That's before I was born!" Alec replies excited.

He was right there, ten years ago was definitely before Alec was even thought about. Paris smiles and begins to talk to the boys, as in he answers any and all questions that they could possibly think of to ask him. Both of the boys were so excited to be talking to the prince that their eyes lit up with joy. Alec had hair just like his father, long and blonde but a but wavy curtsey of my genes.

"Forgive me boy but I must be heading back to the palace, Diana would you please accompany me with your fine son to the mourning ceremony, I would hate to go alone and I know Hector would be happy to see an old friend." Paris asks me as he stands from the edge of the fountain.

"Oh can we mom?! We have never been inside a palace." Alec asks me as he looks to Aegeus excited at the chance.

This was probably a horrible time but I couldn't deny my son anything. Even the chance to see the palace even in a time of mourning. Call me mean or cruel or disrespectful but I nodded in agreement with Paris. Smiling Paris took out a small piece of parchment he had in his robes and wrote something down before handing it to me.

"I will meet you outside the gate in three hours, please be sure that all of you wear black though." Paris smiles and then takes off back in the direction of the palace.

Taking the kids back to Meg's house I begin to tell her what happened starting with me about to be robbed and then being saved by Paris and him talking to the boys and then the invite to the palace.

"I don't see any problems, if Patroclus sends word at all from him or Achilles I will direct then to go to you there." Meg said as she fed the baby in her arms. "Just good luck keeping those two under control for however long the ceremony is."

Two boys under the age of ten...in a palace. Why did I all the sudden start to think of all the things that they could break in there? Meg smiled as she went and sat down in her favorite seat. The boys were back in one of the rooms looking for something to wear that was black and appropriate for the ceremony.

"I didn't know that Hector's wife was sick." I tell Meg trying to see what she knew of the Queen.

"It wasn't until after she gave birth, they weren't a very good couple in my mind. She just tolerated him because her father made her and Hector well you know what he would do for his duty...that man never learns." Meg says as she looks over to me. "I don't think he got over you honestly."

Well thanks for that guilt trip Meg. Rolling my eyes I walk back to Meg's room and put on a long black dress. Walking to the other room the boys were in I see them both dressed in black toga's. Turns out they knew what they were doing after all. Taking each of the boys handed we started to the door.

"Be back soon Meg!" I call out to her.

"Be safe! See you soon! Behave Aegeus!" Meg calls out as we walk out the door and make our way to the palace.