Prologue

Fear.

The word defined Abeer Irfan's life.

Every night, fear engulfed her and she drowned into the endless horrors of her past. Every night, she lost a part of her to the evil. Every night, it got worse and worse to the point of no return.

You see, she wasn't alive; she was just breathing.

On one special night, she opened a door, a door hidden in the maze of her horrors. It was on that special night, that she met him. He wasn't a knight in shining armor. He wasn't a superhero. He was a light. He was the guy with the impossible green eyes.

***************************************

The moment the words leave my mouth; I know I've made a grave mistake. Don't you ever feel like reversing the time, to erase all the mistakes you have made?

I bite my lip hard, thinking of all the worst possible consequences. I can sense his eyes bore into me and the hair on the back of the neck rise. "Azar... I didn't mean-" And that's when he snatches my book away from me and tears a page.

The sound of it terrifies me to my core. I feel the demons of my past awaken; the terrible memories of blood and screams flash in front of my eyes. I try my best to shut them out. I try my best not to panic. Instead, I stare at my hands, fidgeting.

"You didn't see anything before. This is what you have seen. This!" My heart is beating frantically hard against my ribs like a bird trying to break out of its cage. Allah... "That is how easy you are to crumble. I'll set you straight, angel. I am done with people like you. I am done with being played with. It's about time you learn a lesson. I am about to make your life hell."

The words I am sorry are lodged in my throat, but I don't want to beg him. I am done begging people for mercy.

"That's more like it."

"You cannot make me feel any worse than I already do," I state what I think all the time.

"Challenge accepted."

****************************
Spiritual #1 (12th-13th & 18th June 2016)
****************************

WARNING: You are reading at your own risk so if the suspense kills you, I'm not responsible. Don't take this warning lightly.

Important A/N for existing readers/ rereaders: Trust Me chapters from 1-66 have been re-uploaded because I changed some things. Head over to the author's note 26/8/22 for more info about this. It is up to you if you want to reread the book to enjoy it from start till end or you want to continue from Chapter 67.

New readers: I hope you enjoy this journey with me. The number of chapters can be overwhelming at first glance, but they are short and you will done with them in no time and I assure you will enjoy the binge reading process. The book is nearing its end and I am regularly updating (once/twice a week) Jazakallah Khairun for reading.