Chapter 5 - Coffee For The Sleepy

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

........................................

(Important) AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, here's the story: Back when I first wrote this fanfiction, the story's POV had been in first person, and Snape did not have a POV. After chapter 15, I decided that I wanted to write in third person instead and I added Snape's POV. I managed to add his POV in the first four chapters of this book, but unfortunately:

***Snape's POV will be absent from chapter 5 - 15***

as changing the POVs PLUS writing Book 2 and Book 3 of this series takes up an awful lot of time. Don't worry, his POV will be back starting Chapter 16 and onwards!

I hope that made sense! Holy shit, I'm such a scatterbrain.

ENJOY! :)

................................................

"Not stepping o'er the bounds of modesty."

- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 4.2

...............................................

CHAPTER 5 - Coffee For The Sleepy

  ~ R ~

The day of the first Triwizard task finally arrived. Renee got up so early that she immediately regretted waking up when she looked at the clock and found out that it was two in the morning. She sighed in defeat as she couldn't go back to sleep and went out of her dorm, leaving her peaceful roommates asleep, to take a nice, warm bath.

After dressing up casually for the tournament, Renee went to the Slytherin common room, satisfied that she had it all to herself. She brought with her the really rather informative (and bulky) professional potions book that Snape had borrowed for her and continued to read from where she left off.

She read about the Wolfsbane Potion and the existing debates about its disastrous side effects. Apparently, when used excessively by a werewolf, noxious constituents could linger inside the body and cause fatal damages within. Remus just recently started to take the potion, so she was really concerned about him, not wanting to lose the only family she had. She was doing everything she could to learn how it would be possible to diminish the side effects, but it was so difficult because the potion was extremely intricate to make. It was not allowed to be incorrectly concocted; a mere drop of aconite solution, the potion's main ingredient, was lethal enough to cause irreparable damage.

It suddenly occurred to Renee that the only way that she could possibly learn more about that potion was through her Head of House, Potions professor and Alchemy mentor, Snape. Maybe it's in our curriculum, Renee hopefully thought. Her mind began to drift, thinking about his unexpected and unconventional hospitality. Over the past few days, she grew to actually like him enough to think that he was actually a rather nice man, though still a jerk. Or maybe it was just because of the fact that she was a Slytherin which makes him fractionally more reasonable with her than the rest of the student body. She really didn't know.

Snape. Severus bloody Snape. Renee couldn't stop thinking about him; his voice, his smirk, hell-- even his black robes were so damn attractive. She knew she ought not to think about him in that manner, but she just couldn't stop.

"Ever so keen, are we, Ms. Capulet?" A deep, velvety voice questioningly said from behind Renee, making her heart jump. Startled, she turned around to look and saw the black-haired, black-cloaked, pale-skinned, man, who was most likely patrolling the corridors. At that precise moment, she wanted to ask Merlin why is it that whenever she envisages anything Snape-related, the man himself appears out of nowhere.