Chapter 7 - Exploding Bonbon

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

........................................

"If love be rough with you, be rough with love. Prick love for pricking and you beat love down."

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

.................................................

CHAPTER 7 - Exploding Bonbon

~ R ~

"Yeah! We won, we won, we won!" Fred yelled in joy. Gryffindor had just won an intense Quidditch match against Ravenclaw, and Renee could tell that they all took the sport quite seriously. The twins were pretty tough as Beaters and continued to remain impressive despite being hit by a massive bludger, while Harry was simply brilliant as their Seeker.

"Yeah, thanks to Harry here." Renee interjected. Harry smiled sheepishly.

"Naw, everyone did their job really well." the fourth year said humbly.

Fred, George, Luna, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Renee were sitting together at the Halloween feast after the match. Much to the students' joy, all of the classes for the day had been cancelled. Renee found it liberating that they were not required to sit in their own house tables for a change. She learnt that Luna was never a supporter of Ravenclaw, and she told Renee that she always wore lion mascot hat at every game of Gryffindor, which she just did, not minding being an outcast in her own house. Even a few Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students sat with their own group of newly acquainted Hogwarts chums.

Renee was about to sit with Jamila when Fred grabbed her and insisted that she sit with his friends instead. The hospitable Gryffindors and the lone Ravenclaw welcomed her with open arms, thanks to Fred's enthusiastic encouragement, as she actually made an effort to be nice and friendly to them unlike all the other Slytherins. Fred of course, sat beside Renee. She did not always get to hang out with him because her schedule was so filled, and her personal preference in spending her free time would either be to read in the library or assist Severus.

She loved their company, but somehow she felt much older than them, which she technically was. But now was not the time to point out maturity levels; it was the Halloween feast for Merlin's sake. Renee knew that being with them was far better than being alone at the moment.

"You seemed a bit distracted though, mate. Is it because of the Cho girl?" Fred asked Harry as he swallowed the whole of his pumpkin pasty.

"No," Harry denied, although his reddened cheeks gave him away. "They were really good with the bludgers, weren't they?" he said, changing the topic.

"They were murderers. But hey, we survived, right?" George said cockily.

"Barely. Look at your cheek, it's swollen!" Hermione pointed out.

"Nothing that Renee can't fix, is that right, my dear future healer?" Fred said, putting an arm around Renee.

"Sure, if you don't mind drinking leech piss." she told him coolly, making them all laugh. "I'm not even kidding," she said morbidly, recalling the ingredients of the Deflating Draught.

"I don't think the draught's the right medicine for my cheek, Renee." Fred said, smirking even with his swollen face. Renee shook her head in amusement, amazed how he could keep up with his flirtatiousness while suffering from an injury. The six other teenagers merely sniggered.