Chapter 13 - Special Guests

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

........................................

"Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?"

- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

...................................................

CHAPTER 13 - Special Guests

~ R ~

"...What about Potter, Albus? Knowing the insolent brat, he may have already gotten himself into trouble by this time," Severus said in a hushed tone.

Groggily, Renee awoke with an indefinite inclination as to who was talking in such a low voice about Harry in a rather disdainful manner but with the recurring irony that whoever that man was, he was undoubtedly concerned about the Boy Who Lived's welfare-- though that was debatable because of the way it had been uttered. It couldn't have been anyone else but Severus, and Renee found it exciting that the mystery of his allegiance had proliferated.

"You have such little faith in the boy, Severus. I am sure that Harry is peacefully enjoying the remaining days of his Christmas vacation." Dumbledore quietly said.

Renee opened her eyes and found herself comfortably tucked in beneath a thick duvet. Dumbledore was peacefully scanning their schedule with his rarely seen spectacles, whilst Severus was leaning on a wall just adjacent to her, his legs stretched and his arms crossed. All of the ladies stayed on the east side of the room-that-was-basically-just-a-large-bed, while the gentlemen settled on the west. Renee shifted her gaze towards her other companions, only to find out that they were all still in deep slumber.

The temperature in Team Hogwarts' room was perfect; it was not too cold and far from being too warm, so she shoved the duvet aside and sat down to reach for her petite rucksack.

"Ah, good morning, Renee. Did you manage to have a good sleep?" Dumbledore asked with a cheeky smile on his face. Severus looked at her as well, waiting for an answer.

"Good morning, Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape," Renee greeted, looking at them while simultaneously searching for a comb in her begotten bag. "Yes I did, thankfully," she smiled, then decided to just silently Accio the comb, impatient to get rid of the tangles in her hopeless morning hair.

After a questionable crawling and squandering towards the bathroom, Renee took her time to freshen up, not wanting to look hideous in front of the professor she adored, and the rest of the team. Eventually, they woke up and followed her lead. She suppressed a squirm of admiration when she saw that Severus wasn't wearing his usual dress robe or, as she liked to call it, his uniform. He instead wore a black, long-sleeved shirt, all buttoned up but not all the way up to his neck like usual which was probably due to the temperature, black fitted denim trousers (she was most definitely pleased by that one) and shiny black leather shoes. She felt like she faded in comparison to his classiness, though what she was wearing was already quite fashionable for her taste.

Once everyone was ready to go, Dumbledore gave each pair a copy of their schedules and Portkeys. Knowing that she was going to be spending the whole day with Severus alone was enough to bring Renee to an excellent mood. However, her excitement had not overthrown her nervousness as she was anxious to find out what lies ahead of the competition.

"Team McGonagall, you'll be starting in the Transfiguration Hall at St. Beatrix Building, nine o'clock, and Team Flitwick as well, same building, same time but at the Damocles Room of Divination. Team Snape, you are to head first to the Podric Batworthy Dueling Grounds at ten o'clock. Team Sprout, you will be going to the Gibbering Stump Garden at eleven o'clock." Dumbledore announced.