Chapter 26 - All for you

A/N: I'll take your guys' advice on book 2; to make shorter chaps so I could update more quickly. But yeaaas! Another chapter, I hope you'll like it. Thank you for the immense support-- giving all my love to YOU, yes you, who's reading this at this very moment!

Last 3 chapters (+1 special chapter) before book two(OoTP)! Yay! The last triwizard task will happen on the next chap so there's going to be a lot of action and answers :) but I'm saying no more.

Fair warning: there's equal angst as there is lemony stuff.

...................................................................

If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

...................................................................

CHAPTER 26 - All for you

~ RS ~

"Are you quite sure you don't need any help?"

For the last five minutes, Severus was standing by the door of the lavatory, completely impotent in preventing himself to have an amused expression on his face as he crossed his arms and waited for Renee to finish whatever the hell she needed to do in there.

The whole ordeal was a struggle to both Severus and Renee as she found out that she had difficulty standing up, let alone walking. After strenuous insistence that he didn't mind helping her, she finally gave in and put her arm around his shoulder, assisting her all the way to the lavatory, but blatantly declining Poppy's offer of going inside with her even though the mediwitch stated her fears of her falling, slipping, or hitting something.

"No, I'm fine!" Renee yelled hoarsely.

Severus still hasn't come to terms with the fact that Renee wasn't dismissing him anymore, although her usual enthusiastic countenance or that sparkly glint in her eyes upon seeing him are yet to be seen.

You arse, what do you expect? The girl is bloody sick.

"Have you seen my toothbrush?" an embarrassed voice called from the lavatory.

Severus quickly accio-ed the thing and knocked on the wooden door. A timid hand reached out to grab the desired object and quickly shut the door, clearly not wanting to be seen, which made him smirk.

He was still trying to figure out what in Circe's name compelled him to be involved in Renee's recovery. He could've left her with Poppy and attend to his own businesses, but no; an unknown force, which was not exactly unwelcome but mostly alarming, kept on insisting that he ought to aid the young woman.

Visions of Severus' young self attempting to skulk about the infirmary when Lily Evans had the flu suddenly flashed all over his mind, with him bringing a flask of what was supposed to be his own concoction of some sort that could help alleviate her pain, but could not go near her because the Potter idiot and his fellow maudlins were currently being the pigs that they were at her presence. Only a month had passed since he called her that unmentionable name and there was really no way he could show his pallid, miserable face to her.

"Do I, um..."

Severus' momentary flight back to the past was interrupted by a tiny voice. "Yes, Renee?"

"Do I, oh Merlin... happen to have any clothes there?"

Smirking, the professor knocked on her door. "Fear not, I have asked Ms. Moore to bring some of your essential belongings here."