Chapter 8 - A Muggle Love Story

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

........................................

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,

My love as deep; the more I give to thee,

The more I have, for both are infinite."

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

................................................

CHAPTER 8 - A Muggle Love Story

~ R ~

The first few days of November came by quickly, but not without progress. Renee and Severus managed to return to their usual routines, and after their exceptionally difficult (not to mention problematic) feat with the modified Wolfsbane Potion, they began to focus their attention on Alchemy, as their supposed Triwizard tasks were not due for a couple more weeks. They had interesting lessons to say the least and were scheduled to be taking up the Elixir of Life soon, which Renee thought was the most fascinating topic on the subject. So far, they had not talked about anything non-academic, and Renee found that both relieving and unnerving in many ways.

"Attention Slytherins!" Aaron Brunfels yelled at the crowded Slytherin common room. "Please be at the Dueling Hall, ground floor, by three pm. We will have a meeting concerning the upcoming Yule Ball." he announced.

The girls squealed giddily, clearly excited for such rare events at Hogwarts, but the boys gave rather miserable groans. The Yule Ball, as Renee recalled, was a party of some sort, in celebration of the Triwizard Tournament.

"Hey prefect, we haven't got much time for frivolities like that." A boy in Renee's year named Graham Montague complained haughtily. He also happened to be their Quidditch team captain, which prompted his daily arrogance.

"Well, I suggest that you attend this meeting unless you want to get hexed into oblivion by Professor Snape." Brunfels smugly replied. Montague scowled.

"He annoys me sometimes, Snape, you know? But still, he's my godfather, and it's best to be on his side. At least he hates Potter too." A loathsome-looking, blonde boy whispered to his, Renee assumed, minions behind her back.

"Right on, Draco." his minion replied.

Sheesh, Severus, what kind of a godson do you have?, Renee thought.

  •••

"You are dismissed. Slytherins, proceed to the Dueling Hall. Do not dawdle." Severus ordered after Renee's final afternoon period which was Potions with the seventh years. Severus and herself were last to go out of the dungeon because he-- they had to clean up.

"Shall we go up then?" Severus asked coolly after scouring the last visible stain with his wand.

"Oky dokey." Renee replied. The professor looked at her with a face that had 'what the fuck' written all over it. "That's how I used to say OK," she eased his confusion.

"You are in Britain, at least make the effort to speak properly," Severus raised a brow, trying to intimidate her but lacked bite. Renee even thought he looked amused.

"I do not know how." Renee said, trying to imitate his RP accent while struggling not to giggle.

"Stop that. You are going to make my ears bleed." he grimaced.