Chapter 6 - Saved By The Snape

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

........................................

"Care keeps his watch in every old man's eye,

And where care lodges, sleep will never lie."

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

..............................................

CHAPTER 6 - Saved By The Snape

~ R ~

Weeks after the first Triwizard task, things started to get even more exciting at Hogwarts. Students waited in anticipation as the Triwizard winners attempted to decipher how to unlock peculiar egg they got from the first task that was supposedly the key to gain advantage for the second task, which they had plenty of time to prepare for as the second task was scheduled after Christmas break. Even though Fred and George were Renee's best friends and Harry was a close friend of theirs, she never thought of giving them a hint on the tasks, and they never knew that she was a part of the 'committee'. She swore to Snape that every project they would embark on was to be kept confidential, and she intended to keep her word.

As for Snape, after Renee's interesting exchange with him, not a lot was said about it-- in fact none at all, as they carried on with their tasks as usual. Oftentimes, even with his persistent resistance, she would insist on assisting him after Alchemy and even for an hour during weekends, just because she felt compelled to. And she wasn't sure why.

There was also an upcoming Quidditch match, which was interesting and intimidating for both the players and watchers, as Viktor Krum, the renowned seeker, would be there to witness the game, much to the excitement of many hormonal young girls.

Unfortunately for Renee, the Beauxbatons ladies had been and would be present as well. Every time she passed by those French girls, they never failed to mockingly give her the most hateful glare they could muster. Madame Maxime had not been different, especially after finding out that Renee had been sorted in bloody Slytherin. Not that she found comfort in other Hogwarts students, they were still rather prejudiced. It was as if the only ones that did not glare at her were her friends, professors, a few Slytherins who did not give a shit about anything, Snape (she did not count him since he glared at everyone) and a couple of Durmstrang boys, who would often instead give her creepy, lustful stares instead, which she found completely revolting.

Having woken up on the wrong side of the bed and now alone in the Great Hall after a late breakfast, trying to catch up with some reading, Renee was already having a really bad morning when two Ravenclaw girls, who she recognised from seventh year Potions but did not know their names; one was brown-haired and the other blonde, came up to her and started to bitch and spew bullshit.

"Well, well, look what we have here. The great Renee Capulet. Alone, are we? Even the Weasley blokes can't stand you now. Pity." the brown-haired said with mock arrogance.

"What do you want?" Renee asked them with gritted teeth.

"Oh not much, Capulet. Just you out of our lives." the blonde remarked, then both of them chuckled.

"Think you're so brilliant, stealing all the house points like that? You actually think that you can outsmart us Ravenclaws? Well, I for one think that Beauxbatons is a bollocks school, and you're nothing but an arse." the brown-haired said bitterly. Renee ignored them, just as she did with everyone who taunted her in her previous school.