Chapter 12 - Reveal and Forgive

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

........................................

"I, measuring his affections by my own,
Which then most sought where most might not be found,
Being one too many by my weary self,
Pursued my humor not pursuing his,
And gladly shunned who gladly fled from me."
― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

...................................................

CHAPTER 12 - Reveal and Forgive

~ R ~

Pointing her coral-cored, Gregorovitch-manufactured wand to her favourite little leather rucksack, Renee placed an undetectable extension charm to the small bag to make space for the legion of things she needed to bring with her for the World Warlock Grand Prize.

Looking at her pocket watch, Renee hastened her ablutions upon seeing that it was already twelve noon. The professors and competitors were all supposed to leave at two o'clock, so she still had a few hours to prepare and linger around the castle. She just emerged from the library along with Hermione, Cho and Roger after conducting some last-minute research, polishing their wits with as much knowledge as their brains could contain. She was most thankful that she had a peaceful sleep last night, and hoped that the amount of time she spent resting was enough for her to be able to think properly and clearly.

Renee mindlessly shoved all of the stuff she laid on her four-poster into her bewitched rucksack. She finished quickly, then went out of her dormitory to find Fred; she hadn't seen him since knowing that she had to compete against magical schools and communities around the world, and her explanation as to why she left him at the Yule Ball so soon was rather overdue.

Heading off the dungeons to the Great Hall, she spotted the redhead twins, delectably enjoying what was left of their meal.

"Good morning, guys," Renee greeted the young men, and sat in front of them. Fred's eyes widened slightly upon finally seeing her presence, but he eventually beamed in delight.

"Ah, how nice of you to finally show up, Renee. We were beginning to think that you enjoyed hibernating in the dungeons much more than hanging out with us," George snipped nonchalantly.

"Don't be silly, George. What's up?" she asked.

"Shouldn't we be asking you that?" Fred challenged.

"Right. Well, about the Yule Ball-- Fred, I'm so sorry, I just felt sick all of sudden and I... er," she felt incredibly guilty about lying to him. "I'm really sorry."

"Hey, don't worry about it. " Fred smiled and held her hand, and she felt so fortunate to have understanding friend. "So what the hell have you been up to these days?"

"There's this competition, the World Warlock Grand Prize--"

"Oh yeah, I saw that on the Daily Prophet! Blimey, Renee, so you're one of the representatives? How awesome," George exclaimed. "Who are the other three?"

"They got one from each House, so it's me, Hermione, Cho Chang, and Roger Davies. We've been preparing massively for the past two days."

"Ah, the unbeatable know-it-alls," George sighed. Renee laughed and slapped his arm. "No wonder Granger is nowhere to be found."

"Would anyone mind telling me what this bloody competition is about?" Fred asked, confused.

"If you hadn't been so busy tracking down Renee-- mmmphsks!" George struggled as Fred covered his brother's mouth with his hand.