Chapter Eight

(Thanks for your views and votes! You all make me so happy :D- Leina) 

**Edited 11/19/2016 (But will be edited/updated/completely changed around sometime in the future

  Nina's POV

Just like Jaxon said, we were in the car at eight that night. Everything was packed away in the car, which meant food and drinks for the insanely long trip that was going to take twenty hours. I'd be stuck in the car with him for twenty solid hours. Upon hearing how long the drive was going to be, I debated on telling him I'd rather make the trip myself. But again, the logical part of my brain told me to stop being stupid. My body was still in no shape to make a long trip like that. I sucked up my pride and hopped into the car.

As soon as we merged onto the freeway my eyelids became heavy. I tried to busy myself by looking through the maps that were in the center console of the SUV. Before we left Jaxon and I mapped out the best route to get home, which for me meant the fastest route. The fastest we'd be able to make it to my home was twenty hours. At first, I was astonished by how far away I was from North Carolina. I shook my head in disbelief. That can't be right, I screamed in frustration through my thoughts. But, indeed it was, and now there was no turning back. The sooner I got back to the others, the sooner I'd feel complete, and hopefully Lyra and I could work things out.

Busying myself wasn't working. My eyelids continued to grow heavier. Maybe I could just shut them for a few seconds...My eyelids followed my thoughts and began to droop.

Jaxon voiced my thoughts, almost like he could hear them. "You know you can take a quick nap."

"No, I'm fine. Car rides make me a little uneasy to be honest." I told him as I snapped my eyes back open.

He smiled because I shared some information about myself. "Why is that?" His voice was gentle like he was afraid of scaring me off by asking.

I couldn't blame him for being cautious, I've literally only told him my name and where I was from, and of course that I was an Alpha. To be fair, I wasn't intending on sharing that last fact with him at all. It's going to be a long ride, I might as well not make it unbearable as well. "Besides when you kidnapped me and took me to your territory," I said with a little snarl to my words. "I hadn't been in a car in 13 years."

The look on his face was nothing other than pure shock. Jaxon's eyebrows were raised, his mouth hung slightly open. "Are you serious?" I nodded my head. "13 years?" Again, I nodded my head. "Wow, that's...that is incredible. Do you just run everywhere you need to go?"

"It's not that amazing." I rolled my eyes at his reaction. "And yes I choose to run. Running is my favorite choice of traveling." I admitted.

A small chuckle left his lips. The simple sound made my heart beat a little faster. This is ridiculous, I thought. Suddenly Jaxon's knuckles turned an odd shade of white as they gripped the steering wheel. His eyes were a little hard and instantly I knew he wanted to ask something, but he was holding back.

I wasn't sure if I should say something to him, or just let him be. An uncertainty filled the air in the car. My patience were at an all time low due to how weak my body was, so I gave in and asked him if there was something he wanted to say.

"It's just...we never talked about the whole topic of you being an Alpha. It feels pointless bringing it up now, but there is still apart of me that needs answers. I need to know Nina. I need to know about you and your pack. If I don't then I'll alway wonder and that won't be good for me or Zev." His voice was on the verge of begging me. A sadness filled those beautiful green eyes.