Chapter Nine

(I am so thrilled with the amount of views this story has. You're all so wonderful! Thank you all for reading! -Leina(: ) 

**Edited 11/21/2016

Nina's POV

The moment those words left my mouth, I felt something shift in my emotions. I peeked over at Jaxon and just the way he looked seemed different; brighter in my line of vision.

"You don't have anything to thank me for I was speaking the truth." He looked over and caught me staring at him. "I think what you're doing is incredible Nina." His eyes burned with an emotion I didn't recognize. It was so intense I had to break away from looking into those eyes. I didn't reply back, I didn't trust my voice, so I nodded my head. "You should try to get a couple hours of sleep in. I'm fine, I made sure I took a nap before we left."

With that, I pulled a pillow into the front seat, put it against the window and rested my head on it. Maybe I'll just shut my eyes for a few minutes...

When I woke up it was eight in the morning. I slept for a total of four hours. The nap didn't energize me at all.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty!" Jaxon called over to me, his voice was louder than what was socially acceptable.

I muffled to him a weak 'morning'. My hands went up to my eyes to rub the remaining sleepiness away.

He chuckled. "Might I just say, you have the most adorable snore I have ever heard."

My head whipped over in his direction. "Excuse me? I do not snore."

Jaxon bit down on his bottom lip trying to contain another laugh. "You're right, I must've mistaken you with that other girl who's in the car sleeping. I'm sorry."

A growl rose up in my chest. "Whatever." I snapped at him.

This time, he didn't try to stop his laugh. "Ok, but seriously, are you hungry? We could make a short stop at a diner and grab a quick bite to eat. These chips are not doing it for me anymore."

"Yeah, I could go for some breakfast food." I told him.

We pulled off at the next exit and found the closest place to the highway that we could. After ordering our food Jaxon was telling me that we were making great time. He said he thinks instead of reaching my pack at 4, we might be there closer to 3. The news put me into a better mood. When the food arrived we didn't bother trying to make small talk. We finished in a timely manner, paid and hopped back into the car.

After about half an hour, my stomach started feeling weird; nausea. "Pull over." I demanded. I was about to throw up in his car if he didn't pull over right away.

He looked confused by my demand. "What?"

My hand went up to my mouth trying to hold back my breakfast. "Pull over." I said again but this time, my voice was in a panic. He did as I asked, as soon as the car was pulled to a stop I jumped out and ran a couple of feet away from the car.

Jaxon came over to check on me. I stared down at my breakfast, this time however, I was not happy to see it. Telling Jaxon I was fine was a downright lie, but I did it anyways. Something told me he didn't believe me, but he didn't question anything. Another wave of nausea hit, and I bent back down and gave in to their demands. Jaxon was behind me holding back my hair and he rubbed my back. He was trying to calm down the rush of spasms that took over my body.

When the nausea stopped, I wiped my mouth on the back of my hand. Not the best thing I could've done, but it was the only thing I had available to me. I told Jaxon I needed a minute to control myself. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have another episode.