Chapter Fifteen

(My online courses are a lot more work than I thought! I'm so sorry for the late update. It's completely unedited, I will edit it when I get the chance too! Thank you all for you views and votes! You all make my day that much brighter♥- Leina) 

**Edited 12/09/2016

Jaxon POV

I stared at her, unable to comprehend the words that left her mouth. Nina told me her mother was murdered, but when I asked how she knew that her demeanor completely changed. I thought it was valid question, Nina said her mother was murdered while out on her route finding new pack members, alone. So I couldn't help but ask how she knew who murdered her mother. She became tense, hard, the look in her eyes when she said she didn't want to talk about it then was like stone.

"You said they were trying to get revenge. Who's they? If Nina and you killed the Gamma, the Delta and the warriors from you father's pack the who's left besides the Beta that would want to seek you out?" I asked her.

"There's a few trackers left. Not many, most of them fled the group that killed my mother. They didn't want us to come after them."

The part that I still didn't understand was how she knew who killed her mother. I was missing that piece of the story, the piece that connected her father's old pack members to her mother's death. I understood how they'd want to kill her mother, I mean she killed their Alpha, but how could Nina be so sure it was them who actually killed her in the first place.

"Lyra..." I took a deep breath. "How do you know it was your father's old pack members that murdered your mother?"

She looked down at the forest floor. Her breathing became irregular, I put a hand on her shoulder in hopes that it would calm her. "They sent evidence..." She whispered, drawing back to her usual timid manner.

I cocked my head to the side. "What did they send?"

She didn't say anything. Lyra's eyes were glued to the floor of the forest. She didn't move, she didn't make a sound, she just stayed still. I wasn't sure if I should repeat myself or not. Her face was a mask of pain, probably from recalling the events of murder and what took place afterwards. After a few more minutes of silence I repeated my question. My tone was soft, I didn't want to sound demanding. I knew this was a sensitive topic for both her and Nina. And if Nina was listening, I didn't want to put either of them in anymore pain.

"Sweetheart, what did th-"

"THEY SENT HER HEAD TO NINA!" Lyra screamed before I even had the chance to finish the question. My eyebrows shot up and my eyes grew huge. I was speechless, not only from what Lyra told me but also from her outburst. I made no effort to say anything, I didn't want to be on the receiving end of her outburst because I had no idea what to expect. Her breaths were short pants. "They freaking sent her head in a box to Nina. Their scent was all over the package, all over her head." She broke off and tried to regain her composure. "It was awful." She whispered as tears flooded her eyes.

I pulled her close to me, she was still shaking. I moved my lips closer to her ear and whispered, "We'll find her." It was all I could do to reassure her the best I could.

"I can't allow them to do the same thing to Keiva. Jaxon, we have to get her back." Her big eyes were locked on me, they begged me to promise her that we'd get Keiva back.

"We will find Keiva, I promise."I knew this promise would be hard to keep, I had no idea who these men were, or what they were capable of. All I knew was this was a promise that I intended to fulfil no matter how hard it'd be.

Lyra tucked her head into my hard chest and silently cried. I moved my arms to wrap around her tiny frame, I held her tight against me. When she regained her composure, I made the suggestion to head over to Keiva's house.