Chapter Twenty-Five

(I am so sorry for being on a hiatus for so long! I truly apologize. I hope that you all enjoy the chapter though and thank you for understanding and being so patient! You're all so amazing ♥ -Leina) 

Nina's POV

Jaxon, Jason and I went through all the details that were neatly displayed on the map in front of us. Laura had been cooperative with giving me as much information on Declan's territory as she could. Now the three of us were trying to strategize so as soon as everyone was back we could tell them the plan and leave not long after.

Right now we were trying to figure out how to take out the men in the trees without being noticed by the ones on the ground. This was quickly becoming a task that was more difficult than one would think

If taking care of the men in the trees without getting noticed wasn't hard enough, the traps that were spread throughout the territory would be. Laura didn't know the places of all the traps but she had heard the men from Declan's territory talk about a few that were along the borders. The more the three of us talked about taking people into the unknown territory, the more I thought it would be easier for a small group to go in first. I didn't want to risk the lives of so many with all these unknown factors coming into play.

"What do you think, Nina?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when my name was called. I had no idea what the guys had suggested and I didn't pretend to act like I did.

"In all honesty I wasn't listening." I told them.

Jaxon let out a deep sigh. "Jason and I were thinking of sending in a group of 16 into the territory. While the first line take out the men in the trees the others would search for the traps set and also take out the guards at the four posts."

The plan wasn't bad, but I still didn't feel comfortable with risking 16 people's lives.

A smaller group would be more manageable, Declan is probably waiting for a big group anyways. Lyra said. I agreed with her, Declan was probably thinking we'd send an army to rescue Keiva.

"I don't want to risk that many people when we aren't even sure what's waiting for us." I told them finally.

"Fine, then what do you propose we do?" Jaxon asked slightly annoyed I turned down their plan.

I looked down at the map again and got my thoughts in order. "I'll go in from th-"

"Absolutely not!" Jaxon slammed his fist down on the desk and shouted. I met his furious dark green eyes. One of my eyebrows was arched slightly due to his outburst. "You are not going on a suicide mission. It's out of the question."

"Will you let me finish explaining?" My teeth were clenched down and my jaw was set. These goddamn Alpha's are so impatient.

He stared at me with a look that sent a chill through my bones. Jaxon looked every ounce of powerful that an Alpha should, and then some. "There is no way in hell I'd allow you to go on his territory alone. Why do all you female wolves think it's a good idea to just surrender yourself to the enemy?" He went off on a tangent.

"I said let me finish!" I growled at him, but in response he growled back with a much lower more threatening tone. "I will go in from the West border," I paused slightly just to piss him off. "With a small group of warriors." After I said this I gave Jaxon a pointed looked, he appeared to be a little more relieved when he heard I wasn't going alone. Stupid mate, I thought. "Their West border is weaker than the others. Once we've taken care of that border we'll head to the Northern end of the territory by keeping close to the outskirts of the territory, by then warning calls will probably have been made so they'll be waiting for us. We'll finish them off as well then before the other guards can get to us we'll have groups just outside the borders waiting to attack them when they're headed our way."