Chapter Twenty-Eight

(You all continue to amaze me with your kind words and views! Thank you, all of you. My heart swells up from the amount of views Mate Hater continues to receive. You are all amazing!-Leina♥)

Nina's POV

Declan's words kept playing in my head long after he left the cells. A part of me knew he said things just to fuck with my mind, but even realizing that didn't allow the thoughts to go away. He knew that Kane was never dead? Was that possible? How could he have known that Kane was alive?

Was the entire course of events that happened to my family all a plan he came up with so he could watch us fall apart? Was it possible that Declan was behind Kane's kidnapping and my father abusing my mother? It felt like millions of questions swirled around in my head for hours.

Since Declan was twisted beyond belief, I could see him plotting something as malicious as what had happened to my family just to watch it unfold in front of him. The whole revenge scheme he came up with for the death of father was a lie, all he wanted to do was watch me suffer. What better way to end a family than to watch the last two members pinned against each other?

Everything that he has done to my family would be avenged. If he thinks he can get away with all that he had done to my family then the joke was on him. My fingers twitched just thinking about getting themselves wrapped around his neck as I choked the last breath out of him.

But that wouldn't be enough. Declan didn't deserve to simply be choked to death, he deserved more. He deserved weeks of torture to the brink of death and just when he thought all was about to be over, the torture would stop. He'd build up his strength enough to begin hoping he'd be able to walk out alive. His hope is what will destroy him. As lovely as hope is, it kills people. That is what I want to use to destroy Declan, hope. He believes he has everything planned out, that he will come out of this on top, he's wrong.

"You've been quiet for too long Nee, what are you thinking about?" Keiva asked.

I turned my head to look at her as I answered. "Declan." I said back in a tight voice.

"Don't do that to yourself. Thinking about him and the fucked up things he's said and has done is only going to make the situation worse for you. I know you Nina and your thoughts and the questions you have are going to end up eating you alive. That's what he wants, for you to end up destroying yourself." Desperation was clear in her voice. Keiva didn't want to see her Alpha be her own undoing.

"I'm thinking about everything I'm going to do to him when we get out of here." I told her. Staying in this cell until the both of us die wasn't an option, hell it was never an option. It didn't matter if the plan was off track anymore, I was going to get the two of us out of here. I saw Keiva raise one of her eyebrows, she knew I was thinking about something else now. "Do you trust me, Keev?"

She snorted at my question. "You honestly have to ask me that question?"

No, I knew I didn't have to ask her. The reassurance that came with her answer was something I needed to boost up my confidence though.

"You're my Alpha and my best friend, I'll trust you till the end. No matter what." Keiva said without hesitation. That's all I needed to hear. Even though I got us into one of the shittiest situations with the most insane man in the country, somehow she still trusted me. I hope her trust wasn't misplaced.

"Good because I need you if we're going to make it out of here." She nodded her head to me understanding what I meant. I whispered my next sentence since I was unsure if anyone could hear us. "Declan came in earlier but he didn't take us to his torture rooms, what's up with that?"