Chapter 8. Last Resort Limb Loss

It was now later into the evening, and for some reason Scott has yet to call or give us any information about the mysterious bullet that is about to kill Derek. Which meant that Stiles and I are still in his jeep with the decaying arm attached to Derek Hale. Stiles had offered to drop me off at home, but Derek once again threatened to rip his throat, emphasis on the whole with his teeth thing, if he did. Apparently, Derek wants us all to stay together in case he needs mine and Stiles help in protecting himself. I'm not exactly sure what he thinks will come of us trying to help him, but I guess we will find out eventually.

I managed to get some of my homework done during this entire escapade. Stiles didn't want to waste more gas than need be, so he pulled over about an hour ago. Derek was still profusely sweating and panting. Stiles was trying to get Scott to call him back, but his attempts always seemed to fall short. He's been texting my brother for the past half hour trying to get his attention.

"Maybe they're having sex?" I stated boldly as I leaned forward in the seat.

During out time babysitting Derek, Stiles has acknowledged my existence a few times. I wish he would realize that I wasn't trying to be rude or downgrade his feelings, I was jealous. I don't want to tell him I was jealous, because then that leads to the discussion as to why I was jealous, which I am so not ready to have yet.. I mean I just came to terms with the fact that I obviously like him as more than just a friend, how am I supposed to talk to him about feelings that I, myself, have no idea how to talk about?

Stiles' phone then began to ring and he quickly answered the call, "What the hell am I supposed to do with him?"

I was close enough to Stiles to where I could hear Scott on the other end, "Just take him somewhere."

"Where? Oh and by the way, he is starting to smell." Stiles added, Derek shot a glare in his direction but he ignored it.

"Like what?" Scott inquired.

Stiles sighed, "Death."

"Okay, take him to the animal clinic." Scott finally said, why would we take him there? Isn't Deaton still working?

Stiles seemed to be thinking along the same lines as me, "What about your boss?"

"He would have already left by now, there's a spare key in the box behind the dumpster." Scott finished explaining, so we were going to sneak into the animal clinic after-hours with a dying werewolf. This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

Stiles sighed and handed his phone over to Derek, "You're not gonna believe where he is telling me to take you."

"Did you find it?" Derek dead-panned, he had the phone held to his right ear, so I couldn't hear Scott anymore. I doubt he has found the bullet yet, otherwise he wouldn't have told Stiles to take Derek to the animal clinic.

"Look if you don't find it, I'm dead." Derek added.

"And would that be such a bad thing?" I muttered to myself, Derek shot me a look of annoyance, so I'm assuming Scott said something along the same lines. We are twins after all, we do tend to think alike.

"Then think about this, the alpha called you out against your will, he'll do it again, and next time he'll have you kill something or you'll be killed. So if you want to stay alive, then you need me. Find the bullet," and then Derek ended the call, tossing Stiles back his phone.

✢✢✢

"Does Nordic blue monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked Derek as he looked up from the screen of his phone. We had just gotten to the animal clinic and Derek collapsed onto a bag of bird seed the second we got through the door. He looked as white as a sheet of paper, and beads of sweat were lining his forehead. It was obvious that the bullet he was shot with was killing him.