Chapter 32. Keeping Derek afloat..

"Oh come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate!" Coach yelled as another one of our players was shoved to the ground. The game had started five minutes ago, and I was already going out of my mind watching Allison's grandfather, who's name is Gerard by the way, sitting in the bleachers. I need his freaking office keys.

We had a plan, actually. And since Scott wasn't the one that came up with it- the plan should work, since I came up with it. If Allison could get the keys from Gerard's coat pocket without him seeing, I can walk past her and she could easily just hand the keys off to me. Once I had the keys I would give Stiles the signal, and then we could go and get into the office.

I glanced over to Allison and she was giving me a look, I noticed she was wearing Gerard's large jacket- success! I quickly made my way over to her, managing to trip over some idiot who left a lacrosse stick just laying around, more than likely it was Greenberg. She slipped the keys into my hands and I quickly hid them in my jacket pocket. Stiles was watching me intently the entire time- so I really didn't need to give him a signal.

He stood from the bench and made his way over to me, making sure the coach didn't realize that he was leaving, as we were making our way past the bleachers I noticed that my mom was talking to a kid with the camera- that's the same kid from Allison's Aunt's funeral, Matt. Why is he talking to my mom? I'll have to ask her about it later.

Once we got into the school and the keys successfully unlocked the office, Stiles started digging around through the drawers. I was once again assigned to keep watch while standing out in the hallway, at least if Gerard did show up, I had a chance to get away... Stiles... not so much.

"Hey Stiles-" A hand was clamped over my mouth before I could finish my sentence and my eyes widened when I saw Erica standing right in front of me, oh for the love of all that is holy. What the hell is she doing here?

She cocked her head to the side with a smirk, "Hello Kasey."

"Okay, ow. Yes, that is- ouch!" I complained as Erica drug Stiles and I by our ours to the pools, after she literally came out of nowhere and kidnapped me- she made Stiles follow along or she threatened to snap my neck... needless to say, he listened.

When we got into the pools, Derek was standing there playing around with a basketball- "And why am I not surprised that you are here," I muttered as Erica released my boyfriend and I, so she could go and stand by Derek's side.

Derek smiled, "Stiles, Kasey."

"Derek." We responded at the same time- it was a bit weird.

He smirked, "What did you see at the mechanic's garage?"

"Uh, several violations of the EPA that I am seriously considering reporting." Stiles responded in his usual sarcastic way. I wasn't surprised that he didn't want to tell Derek about the new creature roaming around in Beacon Hills. Derek wasn't exactly a friend of ours.

Derek dug his claws into the basketball and it popped hissing out the air, "Holy god..." Stiles mumbled.

"Let's try that again," Sour wolf repeated.

I sighed, "Alright, the thing was pretty slick looking. Um, skin was dark. Kind of patterned, I think I actually saw scales. Okay? Is that enough- because Stiles has a game to get back to, and my mom is actually waiting on me..."

Derek narrowed his eyes further as he sent me a look telling me that he wanted to know every possible thing that either one of us remember about this creature. Why he cares so much is beyond me, he should at least be happy that the Argent's won't be hunting him down for the time being.