Chapter 16. My brother is a lunatic

"So you and Stiles are... dating now?" My mom asked as she adjusted her purse on her shoulder, she was getting ready for work tonight. I mean I guess I'm kind of happy that she will be out of the house and busy tonight, that way I know she won't be in danger from Scott. 

I nodded as my phone beeped with the notification of a text message, "Yeah- go ahead and say the 'I told you so'..." I chuckled.

My mom smiled brightly, "I'm not going to say anything, other than I'm glad you finally realized what everyone else could see."

"What? What do you mean? I inquired, my text long forgotten. What did she mean by that? That I finally realized what everyone else could see? What does that have to do with Stiles and I as a couple?

She chuckled, "He looks at you like you're the world honey... I really don't know how you never picked up on it before,"

What? I try to think of how many times I caught Stiles looking at me and what his face looked like, or his eyes- but I couldn't really think of anything special with the way he looked at me. I just always thought he was just looking at me, but all this time he has been looking at me. Like, in a way that was more than an innocent glance or accidental flicker of his gaze. I remember one time when Allison said that he didn't look at me like he would a sister... maybe that's what she meant. 

The sound of the front door opening drew our attention from the conversation about Stiles, it must be Scott because the front door was locked. I wonder if he's in a better mood than he had been earlier at school?

"Scott?" My mom asked as she walked into the hallway- I followed closely behind her, but instead of seeing my brother, it was my boyfriend. He had a large black duffel bag in one of his hands and a key in the other...

He grinned, "Stiles."

My mom pointed at the key in his hand, "Key."

"Yeah... I had one made so..." Stiles replied with a shrug, when did he get a key to our house made? That is a little weird...

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me." My mom said with a sigh as she looked Stiles up and down. Well, it's nice to know that if I ever forget my key again I can always call up Stiles for a spare. 

He then dropped the bag he was holding on to the floor and it hit with a loud thud, my eyes widened as I glanced at me mom. She had an eyebrow raised, "What is that?"

"Uh.. school project." He replied smoothly, what kind of school project would sound like that? You know what, I'm not even gonna go there. 

My mom sighed sadly, "He's okay, right? Scott, I mean?" Oh god, she was asking Stiles about him now. She's already asked me about ten times today if he's okay, and each time I have to give her some sort of coded or vague answer. Which I hate doing, because I hate lying to her. 

Stiles glanced at me quickly before blinking several times and playing with the string of his jacket, "Yeah, totally." 

"He just doesn't talk to me, anymore. Not like he used to." My mom replied quietly, the ashen look on her face revealing just how upset she was about this. I know that I can go to my mom about pretty much anything, but maybe that's because I'm a girl and that makes things easier. But, all of this werewolf stuff- I can't tell her. I have Stiles and Scott, that's it.

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week." Stiles shrugged as he offered my mom a small smile. 

She nodded, "Yeah, yeah. I get it. Yeah, um... be careful tonight."

"You too." I said as she fished her keys out of her bag, they jingled loudly in the silence of the room. 

"It's a full moon," She continued to speak.