Chapter 21. The Formal

"Call it again," Scott instructed as he continued to dig around his trash heap of a bedroom, he hasn't been able to find his cell phone since everything that went down yesterday- and I think he dropped it somewhere. I mean, I guess it's important to him to find it because he woke me up to help him look for it, he even called Stiles. I wasn't even dressed yet, I still had on my pajamas and my hair was pulled up in a messy bun. Not exactly the way you wanna look when your boyfriend shows up.

I moaned as I flopped down on his bed, "It's not here."

"So you lost your phone? Why can't you just get a new one?" Stiles asked from his spot in the desk chair, he had pulled it all the way across the room so it was in front of the door. 

Scott dropped to the floor and started searching under his bed, lord knows what he has stuff under there... "I can't afford another new one. And I can't do this alone, we have to find Derek." 

"Well a.) you're not alone you have me and Kasey." Stiles pointed out, I simply responded with another moan of annoyance, Scott's bed was nowhere near as comfortable as mine. Ugh.

"And b.) didn't you say that Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead," He added as he let out a sigh.

Oh yeah, Scott did tell us about his little adventure last night. You see while I was stuck getting into an argument with my mom, he was off saving Jackson's life while being attacked by the Argents. Apparently he got shot with something and he woke up this morning at the animal clinic, Peter showed up and threatened to get what he wanted from someone more vulnerable- meaning Allison, I guess. And yeah- that's what you missed on Glee.

"The Argent's plan was to use him to get to the alpha. They're not gonna kill him," Scott panted as he made his way into his bathroom, he was checking the drawers and he even looked in the shower. Why would his cell phone be in the shower?

I sighed as I pushed myself up on on to my elbows, "Here's a wild idea... why not just let the Argent's use Derek to get Peter. It makes our lives a hell of a lot easier,"

"Not if Peter is going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own, which means we need to find Derek first." Scott stated as he tossed some clothes out of his bathroom on to the floor.

"Dude you seriously need to keep your room cleaner." I muttered as I sat up and crossed my legs over one another. I need to get dressed for the day, I just don't feel like moving. I'm too tired, this whole staying out into the early hours of the morning crap is really starting to catch up to me.

Scott stopped digging through his drawers to narrow his eyes at my boyfriend and I, "Will you two just help me?"

"You know... you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that? When he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles pointed out as he pressed his chest against the back of the desk chair. 

Scott sighed, "He wasn't going to kill anyone, and I'm not going to let him die."

"Could you just consider it? Just, I mean picture a world without Derek Hale... please?" I pleaded as I held my hands together in a mock begging form. Our lives would have a hell of a lot less drama- that's for sure. 

My brother stopped digging through his drawers and he cocked his head to the side- I guess he hears something... "What?" Stiles asked in confusion.

"My mom just got home form work," Scott mumbled. 

I sat up a bit straighter at the sound of that, is she still mad at me? I bit down on my lip as I watched Scott sigh and lean up against the desk, "She's leaving Peter a voice mail..." He said quietly. He was silent after that, and I assumed it was because he was listening to what she was saying. My chest was starting to burn due to the fact that she really did deserve to go out with someone- it just sucks that it had to be Peter that asked her.