Chapter 44. The Argent's, Anxiety, and Much Needed Answers

"Why can't you just let us go? The evidence is all gone." Scott said to Matt as we walked back into the office that was formerly Stiles' dad's. Stiles and Derek were still laying on the floor, and Jackson hadn't moved from his spot he had been in earlier. 

My wound was now completely healed, and the only thing I have to show for it it sht large blood stain on the front of my shirt. I'm gonna have to ask Deaton about how this while linking thing works, because if I can just link myself to Scott and heal faster- that would be insanely helpful at times.

"You really think the evidence mattered that much, huh? No, no, I-I want the book." Matt said seriously. 

I rose an eyebrow, "What book?"

"The bestiary! Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing." He explained further. 

Scott blinked rapidly, "We don't have it. It's Gerard's. What do you want it for anyway?"

"I need answers." He muttered. 

I let out a sigh, "For what?"

"This." He snapped as he pulled his shirt up to reveal section of his skin that looked like Jackson's. 

Matt then grabbed Scott and tugged him out of the room, leaving me with Jackson, Stiles, and Derek. Jackson moved to stand in the doorway so he could watch Matt and my brother, I took this opportunity to get back down on the floor beside Stiles. 

"So is that hypothetical situation we were talking about getting any less hypothetical?" Stiles asked Derek.

Derek sighed, "I think so- I can move my toes."

"Dude, I can move my toes." My boyfriend dead-panned. 

I glanced at Derek's leg and saw that he was digging his claws into his thighs, "Aw gross." I mumbled as I looked away, blood still was something that made me uneasy. You would think with as much of it as I've been seeing lately, I would be sort-of used to it by now. 

"I don't know what to do," I said quietly as I kept my eyes fixed on Jackson. He didn't appear to be paying us much attention, which I guess would be a good thing. It's not like we can sneak out past him or anything, I mean- Derek and Stiles are both currently immobile.

Derek grunted as he pressed his claws further into his skin, "I'm trying to trigger the healing process so my body can push out the toxin."

"Yeah, well it's obviously not doing much for us at the moment." I retorted.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Well excuse me for having no personal knowledge on the subject of paralization."

"You know, maybe if you actually talked to people and weren't so rude, you would be able to acquire useful information like that!" I snapped in annoyance. I don't have the patience to deal with listening to Derek sass me. 

Derek opened his mouth to argue, but the lights in the room shut off and an alarm started to sound. My eyes widened as I watched Jackson stalk out of the room, and then the obnoxious and familiar sound of rapid gunfire echoed from across the hall. I was willing to bet money that the Argent's are here. Shit. 

I bit down on my lip as I tried to think of what to do, but thankfully Scott came stumbling into the room coughing a bit. He came over towards us and went to help Derek up but before he could Derek instructed the both of us to get Stiles out of here first. So, we hoisted Stiles up and each got a side of him as we started to make our way down the hall. I have no idea where we are going, or what the hell is happening. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jackson following us, "Oh no. Scott, hurry!" I panicked as we got through the first door in the hall of many doors to come. My brother twisted the lock and then moved to the next one.