Chapter 41. Some Explanations.

"Kasey, oh thank god.." Stiles said in exasperation as he pulled me into his arms, wrapping them around me tightly as he pressed his face into the crook of my neck. If it were possible, I would say that I could feel the amount of relief he felt from seeing me. Derek and Scott had left ten minutes ago, leaving me to wait here for Stiles. 

I closed my eyes as I gripped on to his jacket tightly, holding on to him- refusing to let go. I could have died tonight, all because I somehow was connected to Scott in some way that had the wolfsbane affect me. It still doesn't make any sense to me, and Deaton has yet to explain it to me.

To be honest, there is a part of me that doesn't want to have Deaton tell me what I am or why I can do the things I do. What if I turn out to be something that can't control themselves at some point, like Jackson? Then I will be hunted and most likely killed. I really would prefer to live my life for as long as possible, dying before I turn 18 is definitely not a priority of mine. With as much bad luck as I've been having in my life up until this point, I feel like whatever I am, could possibly end up killing me. 

"I-I didn't know what to do... I-I," Stiles was stammering as he only increased his grip on me. I bit down on my bottom lip as I tried to keep myself from crying. I have managed to hold myself together up until this point, I can keep the tears back for a bit longer. I am so sick and tired of crying. I'm pretty sure I've cried more in the past week than I have my entire life. 

"You don't have to say anything, I'm okay." I mumbled as he let out a shaky breath. I guess everything that has been happening to me lately is really starting to shake him, and when my life is put at risk he feels just as helpless and useless as I do whenever he is put at risk. No matter what happens, I will never be able to protect him in the ways that he needs to be. Just like he will never be able to protect me from things like this, it just can't happen. 

I slid my hands beneath his jacket so I could hold on to him as well, and he took a step closer so he was standing in between my legs as I sat on the metal table. I was freezing, the tank top not really doing much to help keep me warm in this moment. But as soon as Stiles' jacket covered up my arms, I was immediately warmed up. I'm not surprised that he was able to warm me up so quickly, he's like his own little star- shining bright and staying nice and warm.

He let out a sigh as he pulled his face out of my shoulder so he could glance at me, "Did...did you find out what happened?" 

"Not really, no." I said quietly, and at that exact moment Deaton walked into the room- knocking softly on the wall as he peeked his head around the door frame, "Mind if I join you two?"

I nodded, "Please come in."

He did just as I asked and walked into the room, his eyes fixing on how closely Stiles and I were to one another. I guess if you had just looked at us without knowing what actually happened, it would look like we were trying to get hot and heavy in the animal clinic, maybe that's why Deaton is smiling faintly to himself. Who knows. 

"I'm going to safely assume that you want those answers now, correct?" He asked me as he glanced between Stiles and myself. 

I nodded again, "I'd love to hear them- yes."

"Well, let's start off with something quite simple. You are what's known as an Admonere, and your kind if very rare. Very, very rare." Deaton stated as he crossed his arms over his chest, revealing how big his biceps were. Seriously, he has got to work out a lot or something because his arms are huge. 

Stiles shook his head from side to side in obvious confusion, "A what?"

"An Admonere. I've had my suspicions after I heard of the bite from Peter and you didn't turn, Kasey. What you are, is simply a link to someone who you are close with- that happens to be a werewolf. The few Admonere's that have been documented, have been the twin sisters of a werewolf." Deaton explained further as he kept his eyes fixed on me.