Chapter 20. Possible Whiplash

"So... are you good now? Or- or do you need me to like... I don't know... do something?" I asked with a light laugh. It had been about fifteen minutes since Stiles called me over and we had our little discussion. Most of that time was spent with him holding on to me and just mumbling things to himself. It felt really amazing to know that I made him feel better just by hugging him. 

He chuckled, "I'm okay. Thank you for this- by the way. I'm sorry if it was weird..."

"No it wasn't-" I was cut off by the sound of my cell phone ringing loudly in my jeans pocket. I sighed as I fished it out and saw that it was Scott who was calling me. I swear if he called to tell me that him and Allison got back together I'm gonna smack the shit out of him.

I tapped the screen few times and then held the phone to my ear, "Yes Scott? What can I do for you?"

"Mom is on a date with Peter! He just showed up at the house and he threatened to turn her, to get me to join his pack!" Scott shouted on the other end of the phone, it sounded like he was driving as well. 

"What? What do you mean? Wh-where are they?" I asked in a panic, my heart went into overdrive as the images of Peter biting my mom filled my brain. My mom! Why is he doing this? Does it really mean that to him if Scott joined his freaking pack? 

Scott groaned as he hit the horn a few times, "I don't know the exact place! Just- are you with Stiles? Just drive around and look for them!" 

"Okay, yeah. Yeah I'll do that," I then ended the call and looked at Stiles, he was watching me with concern swimming in his hazel eyes. 

I let out a shaky breath as I buckled my seat-belt on, "Okay my mom is on a date with Peter, we need- we need to find them. Before he turns her into a werewolf,"

"That's it! That's the car! I see my mom!" I shrieked as Stiles sped down the road, the car was in the process of pulling over and it was because of the slight turn Peter made that I was able to see my mom through the window. Oh we're not too late! 

Stiles pulled in behind them and then sighed before he hit the back of their car, he didn't hit it hard but it was enough of a hit to be considered a 'fender bender'. When my mom climbed out of the car and she saw Stiles and I sitting in the jeep- she looked pissed. Oh that isn't good...

"Are you kidding me?! Stiles! Kasey!" She shouted. We both quickly climbed out of the jeep and I walked over to her- Stiles not far behind me. 

I rose an eyebrow in mock confusion, "Mom? Oh my god! What a coincidence." 

Peter glanced at me and smirked while shooting me a wink, what the? I took a step closer to Stiles and grabbed his hand quickly, why is he looking at me like that? Where is Scott? I'm sure he is around here somewhere... I glanced around but I couldn't see him. 

"I mean- I don't know what happened you guys just came out of nowhere," Stiles said to my mom dramatically.

She laughed mockingly, "Came out of nowhere? We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles." Thunder boomed in the sky and the rain that was a slight drizzle moments before was starting to come down a bit heavier. My hair was going to look like an absolute mess.

"How crazy is that, right?" I replied as I narrowed my eyes at Peter- he was walking towards us, trying to act all innocent. Oh, I will take so much pleasure in helping Scott kill him. 

Stiles cleared his throat, "I mean we should probably call the cops... do like one of those accident report things." 

"I don't think that's necessary," Peter replied ever so smoothly, he was glancing around as well, I'm pretty sure he is looking for Scott. Good luck finding him, buddy.

I then reached my free hand up to rub the back of my neck, "Are you sure? I think I'm feeling a little whiplash."

My mom's eyes widened, "Whiplash?! You hit us!"

"I don't know mom, there's something definitely wrong with my neck.." I mused as I continued to act like my neck was in pain. She was so going to ground me for this, but that's alright. I am saving her life after all.

She laughed sarcastically, "Oh there is going to be something wrong with it by the time we get home tonight."

"Hey! It's not my fault that your date doesn't know how to yield when pulling over," I argued as I then added a fake wince to help sell the whole whiplash thing. I don't think I'm doing that great of a job- but hey, I'm trying my best.

My mom sighed, "Stiles take her home. Kasey- we'll discuss this later," 

"No! Mom, you can't go on a date with him!" I argued quickly, I can't believe this! I know I don't have whiplash or that we didn't get hurt at all, but I could have! I could have easily been injured but she is more worried about this stupid date with the stupid alpha who is trying to hurt her!

"Kasey is this because of your dad?" She asked me with a sigh, and once again everything stopped. Why do people keep bringing him up lately? No mom, this is not because of dad. It's because your date is a freaking werewolf who bit Scott and is not trying to get you to join his pack so Scott will so he can continue on with his killing spree. 

I shook my head from side to side, "No! Will you just listen to me for a freaking second? I don't care about dad! I don't care if you go out on dates, you just... you can't go out with this guy. This one guy. That's all I'm saying!" 

"You need to go home. We'll discuss this later," She repeated as she walked away from me and over to Peter. 

My jaw was hanging wide open as I just gaped at her, is she being serious right now? I have never tried to stop her from going out on dates before, so the one time I do why can't she just listen to me? Why does everything always have to be such a complicated subject with her?

Ugh, why is my life so freaking complicated?

________________________________________________________________________

It's weird writing an authors note when I have so much to upload! Agh, okay sorry! On the final chapter I will have an actual authors note! xx