A Deadly Magical Demigod

I honestly hoped for a peaceful school year. After the Titan War this August, everything was supposed to be back to normal, just Camp Half blood activities and perhaps some travelling. I know that my father would have some small tasks he would want me to do. So that would still be part of normal. But sadly, the fates were against me. Other than Perseus Jackson, I , Nico Di Angelo, am most probably the most unlucky demigod on the face of the earth.

                Summer was ending far sooner than I had expected. Seeing as we spent almost a month just training and fighting a war, I wasn’t surprised. Before the summer ended, we had one last activity to enjoy. Capture the Flag.

                Now that there were twenty cabins…well nineteen since the only thing the Hypnos cabin does is sleep, the big three cabin is considered as one…seeing as there is only the two of us. Each team has nine cabins. And obviously, we are teamed with the Athena Cabin.

                I stood in the border with the supposed twins Travis and Connor Stoll. Considering that the border is a river, I wasn’t so enthusiastic. Who knows what might happen if I were to fall in. I shudder at the thought. I can hear rustling of leaves by the trees. I stood ready with my sword in hand.

                “You guys hear anything?”

                “Nope” Travis said raising his spear “How about you Connor?”

                “Nothing yet”

                Then right in front of me I see a figure. One of the Ares kids, Mark I think his name, came out from the woods. He charged towards us.

                “INCOMING!!!!” he weaved through the river along with three other kids. The two kids from the Ares cabin charged towards me while the others went to attack Travis and Connor.

                “Yield!!”

                “Never!!!”

                One thing I learned since my first Capture the Flag, though it’s very competitive.

                I slashed and blocked the two sons of Ares. They were good. But I can feel the aura around us turn cold. It was only a matter of time before they felt it too.  And just before anything bad happens, Pollux from the Dionysus Cabin was running towards the border. Percy and Annabeth were at his wake.  Pollux was one of the fastest runners in camp. In record time he had reached the border with the flag. The flag turned purple with a wine class and intertwined vines.

                Our teamed cheered as we celebrated our victory. Pollux was hoisted up by the Stoll brothers with the flag.

                “BLUE TEAM WINS!!!” Chiron said

                “PARTY IN OUR CABIN!!!”  the Stoll brothers said as we went to celebrate in the Hermes Cabin

                I walked to my cabin completely drained. One thing I remember from the Parties of the Hermes cabin is that they are very fun but very tiring.

                I practically stumbled into my cabin, ready to pass out on my bed. But I felt cold wind and shadows come to me. .. This is not good.

                I was spat out of the shadow  in a familiar place. I was in Persephone’s Garden. And in front of me, was Hades, or better known to me as father. But he wasn’t alone. A girl in a magical flowery dress was beside him. Seeing as it was summer, I knew it wasn’t Persephone. Demeter is only here when Persephone is here. But from what I can tell, the girl is a goddess.