The Ghosts of Hogwarts

I decided to start on whatever my father wanted before he Iris calls again. I have never seen my father in his worse moods…and honestly, I don’t want to.

                The Hogwarts Castle not as large as dad’s palace in the underworld, but it was still huge. I spent a large amount of time just traveling around the first few floors. But when I had reached the sixth floor…only did I meet something.

                There was a ringing sound that had echoed my ears. It was the same as when I feel someone die. One of the strange and abnormal parts of being the son of Hades. I followed the ringing. It was getting louder as I get closer to the sixth floor. The louder it gets the faster I walked. It was getting closer this is the one I am looking for I can feel it.

                Then all of the sudden, it stopped.

                “What” I muttered. I ended up right in front of a painting. It was a painting of a fat woman in pink robes that looked me down.

                “What are you looking at laddie?”

                “Nothing” I said then went on my way. That is the Horcrux. It is in the floor. It is somewhere here I know it. I walked around the rest of the floor.

                I didn’t feel anything till I got near the left corridor. The ringing started again. It’s getting closer. I cornered it…to a wall.

                What there’s something wrong here! This is just a wall. A portrait-less wall. I pressed my ear on the brick wall. I hear nothing. I just hear the ringing.

                Then all of the sudden I felt cold inside. Just like when a ghost goes past me.

                “Gah” I exclaimed only to see Nearly Headless Nick.

                “Sir Nicholas” Nearly headless Nick said

                “No that’s you” I said “Nicholas is nothing more than an alias. What are you doing here?”

                “Well, I had just returned from a meeting for the Headless Hunt.” Sir Nicholas said with sorrow and a hint of anger. “It seems that Sir Patrick Properly-Decapitated Podmore thinks being whacked with a blunt axe forty five times is not manly enough to join the headless hunt. Half an inch of skin and sinew holding my neck on. Most people would think of it as good as beheaded but oh no it’s not enough for Sir Properly-Decapitated Podmore.”

                “Couldn’t you try to talk to him?”

                “The ghost is as stubborn as a mule.” He said “he wouldn’t listen to me if even if his after life depended on it. It would hurt his pride too much.”

                “What is so important about the headless hunt?”

                “There are many activities that we participate in. Headless Bowling, Horseback Head-juggling, Head Polo.” Nick said with a longing in his voice.

                “Well perhaps you don’t need them.” I said “You don’t need them, you have friends here in Hogwarts that wouldn’t care whether or not you’re headless or you have an inch of sinew left on your neck.”

                Just like how the demigods don’t need me, I thought. They’ll be fine without me. I’m the son of Hades, no matter what Percy or anyone else says, I will always be part of the outcasts. I can never be fully accepted. Unlike now, where they don’t know anything.