We Have A Group Meeting On Saving The World

*I don’t usually put author notes in the beginning, but this is kinda important: For those of you guys that forgot, a deviation is one of the different ‘races’ of people living in the world during the time this book takes place (the year is 2095). For example, werewolves are a deviation. The seven biggest deviations are the Werewolves (North America), Vampires (Australia), Frost whisperers (Antarctica), Fire Breathers (Africa), Nymphs (South America), Witches and Wizards (Asia), and the Humans (Europe). There are also other ‘minority deviations’—the deviations with smaller populations— fallen angels, demigods, telethizers, etc and they went to places like Hawaii, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. If you do want to reread what exactly happened or want a more detailed version of the info I wrote above, just go back to the chapter titled ‘The Bipolar Ways of Fate’. It’s really short, and you only need to read the first couple paragraphs to get the overall meaning. :) Also, in case you forgot, Jacob is the guy who’s trying to bring all these deviations together by overthrowing every deviation. Instead, he wants to rule, and he’s recruiting six other people from the six other deviations to help him. According to Rowena, he has little spies places in every deviation, which is why Rowena can’t take care of this herself, and has to rely on Sierra for help, because Rowena doesn’t know who’s trustworthy at the IPKA anymore. Rowena knows that the company Martinez Devices has something to do with Jacob’s plan, which is why Sierra and her gang are snooping through all the Martinez stores. Just a recap in case you forgot or are confused, since it’s been a while since I brought up this stuff. This info will be important for the rest of the book to make sense:) Thanks!*

~*▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ * ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓*~

*Cody*

I walked into the kitchen, where Doreen was standing in front of the sink, glaring at the tap like it had personally done something to offend her.

“Um, you okay?” I asked. Walking closer, I saw that she was cradling her left hand—the one Snow Princess had done the freakish de-moisturizing ice thing—in a tender way.

“Hey, Doreen, do you have an extra—” James said, entering the kitchen and stopping short when he saw me.

Not forgetting the whole orange juice incident this morning (which honestly felt like ages ago), I shot the kid a glare—to which James easily sent one back—before he turned his attention back to Doreen.

“Doreen, do you have an extra—whoa, what happened to your hand?”

Any hard emotion slipped from his face, replacing it with concern. He immediately strode over to the blonde, taking her dry and flaky hand in his.

Doreen sighed, her naturally bubbly features dropping into a frown. “I’ll explain later. But right now, I need to get this in contact with water.” She said the last few words with a grimace on her face.

“What’s wrong with water?” James asked, looking confused.

“Sierra said it’s going to sting—it’s already practically burning right now, and I don’t want it to hurt even more. But, unfortunately, it’s the only way to get some moisture in.”

James reached over and twisted the faucet, allowing a gush of water to emerge from the faucet.

“The longer you keep it dry, the worse it’s going to sting,” he said softly.

Doreen looked at James silently for a few moments. “Fine,” she sighed heavily in the end. “Let’s get this over with.”

“Alright,” James said, turning on the faucet and placing a hand on the small of her back. “On the count of three: One…two…three!”