The Green Eyed Man

~*▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ * ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓*~

The middle-aged man in the business suit strode out of the elevator, and his footsteps echoed throughout  hollow and long underground chamber as he walked down it. Had he been in a more casual attire, the man could have passed off as an average, mediocre individual, but this man’s particular appearance gave off an air that he was much more than that.

The sleek black suit he donned made it obvious to almost anyone than it was designer or brand made, and it suited his small stature in such a perfect way that it could have only been made personally tailored for him. The golden watch he had hanging off his wrist glinted softly in the low light of the huge, echoing hall as he walked, and went well with the golden chain he had dangling out of his pocket. His mouse brown hair had been slicked back, not a hair out of place. His face looked clean, and perfectly shaven. The man's face was average and good-looking, although looked like a younger person trying to pull off a professional, mature impression.

All in all, the man gave off an air of being well cared for, and despite his small stature he walked with an air of power.

He continued walking down the huge, echoing, hollow hall and bypassed the armed security guards that stood there without a second glance.

At the center of the hall was a circular mahogany table, with eight chairs placed around it, and only a few dim lights above the table acted as the source of light for the entire room.

One seat around the table was already occupied.

The man in the suit walked to the table and silently took a seat next to the already occupied seat. It was quite sight to see them next to the other. On the left you had a well-kempt, groomed man in a suit that looked like it cost a fortune in itself. And then, you could see a complete contradiction with the man on his right—a crumpled button down shirt, engulfed in wrinkles, and a disheveled head of hair that looked like it had not seen a brush in quite a few days. The low light in the room brought out the darkness of the shadow that had formed on his jaw from a few days from the lack of a shave, which contrasted deeply with the clean-shaven man to his left.

They passed a few moments in stillness before anyone talked.

“You don’t usually visit me down here,” the man who had already been at the table drawled lazily. He didn’t bother looking up.

“And you don’t usually sit here by yourself,” the man in the business suit replied curtly. “What’s happened that’s got you thinking so deeply? Where are the others?”

“Khron, Isophene, and Sirene are guarding the stores,” he replied idly, still keeping his face downcast. “Arabella and Daniel are resting. They have shifts tonight. And as for what’s keeping me thinking…I have a feeling it won’t matter when you tell me whatever you’re going to, anyway. You don’t usually come down here on weekdays.” The man finally looked up, bringing his murky green eyes and brown hair out of the shadows and into the light. He leered at the other man. “What’s happened? Why are you down here?”

The man in the business suit cringed ever so slightly. Then, as if the words he were about to say cost him a great effort, he sighed heavily, “You…you were right.”

The man with the green eyes cut his eyes to the other man abruptly. “Pardon?”

“Oh, don’t make me say it again,” the man in the suit sighed again. “Apparently…apparently there were infiltrations at two stores today,” he said slowly. “One was at the one Isophene was guarding, I believe. One was right before Khron got to his store.”