13. She's On A Ferris Wheel

Well, it's Thursday, in other words, I'm going to update!

Shoutouts:

Ayleennn__, anabelle98, SatinRivers, abigaildelriesgo, britneyspearslove, rizzosl, janvisandhu, br14nn4isfly, TeinelleRaeElstone02, nicoleshon, Cache_ , Brittie2001, alyssabomek, Janoskians_Tho, ArizonaTeaLover99, RickieSankevicz, KatrinaSeumanu, kkcomt, AwsomeFeet2000, SophiaCZarco, panamal, Samar123456, KayleeEngelman, AngelaVinluan,

Chapter 13

"No Dad, I beg you, I'm sorry!" I screeched at the top of my lungs, desperately trying to pull my hand free of his iron grip, but the enraged gaze never left his grey eyes. He yanked harder, causing me to let go of the door handle and fall down the stairs as he dragged me behind his drunken self.

"That was the last straw, Gail, I'm going to have to punish you now" he shouted. He pushed me through the open car door if his ute, but when I tried getting back out, he whipped his hand across my cheek and shoved me back in before slamming the door in my face and locking it. "I'm going to kill you, you useless, devious, disrespectful brat!" He shouted pointing at before falling into the other side of the car. I heard him turn the car on, the buzzing of the alive car and

My eyes opened as my breathing came out fast and panicked as I stared at the cracked ceiling, blinking away tears. I looked to the side table to see Nathaniel's phone buzzing, not a car buzzing to life. I breathed in gratefully, placing a hand over my racing heart to try and calm it. I leaned over to see the name 'Brayden' flashing on his phone screen, the boy who is his family, he'd told me.

'Tell Brayden I love him'

I remembered him saying into the phone once. He must be really important to Nathaniel then. Pushing away the hair from my eyes, I rolled over to see Nathaniel's chest, rhythmically beating, his arms still around me. I let out a light chuckle when I saw the small trail of drool falling from the corner of his mouth. I reached out and lightly shook his arm, in order to wake him up.

"Nate. Nate Wake up!" I whispered. He was still fast asleep, not budging a muscle. I stopped when the buzzing stopped, and the call went to voicemail.

"Leave a message after the tone" the automated voice said before a beep sounded.

"Nate, this is Maggie. Brayden has been crying for the whole night and he has a fever. Please call back ASAP" said a woman with a strong Italian accent before the message ended. I shook Nate harder, sure he'd want that news.

"Nate please wake up" I said, loud an clear this time. He jolted awake an squinted at me, rubbing his eyes. "Don't forget the drool" I laughed, pointing at his chin. He looked confused before realising what I had said and wiping away the drool. I chucked at him again. He was just too cute in the morning.

"Why'd you wake me?" He whined. It was a Saturday, in other words, a day to sleep in.

"Oh yeah. You missed a call. I tried waking you, but you missed it. It went to voicemail and Maggie said Brayden has a fever and has been crying all night" at the mention of 'Brayden' and 'Fever' his eyes widened and he jumped out of bed.

"Why didn't you wake me?" He grumbled, rushing to the bathroom. He reappeared in a few minutes, looking fresh, wearing a button-up shirt and dark blue jeans. "Well, I'm going to head out now, so you should leave too" he said urgently, as though he wanted me to get out as quickly as I could. I nodded, confused, and headed to the door.

"Number One, I tried waking you, and Number Two, where are you going?" I asked, standing outside his dorm, waiting as he locked the door.

"To see Brayden" he answered quickly, shoving past me with no other explanation. Truthfully, it bugged me to see that he seemed so closed off whenever Brayden was brought up. I know it shouldn't, but it did. Majorly.