24. She's Having a Bad Day

Not edited

So, it's the second week of Term 1 Holidays in Australia. And i'm here to update. Please go check out my other stories if you haven't already :)

Also, when i started this book, I had no Idea who Luke Hemmings was. Guess we were meant to be ;)

Last QOTC winners:

1.AspiringPegasus_ (Tobias/Four-Divergent)
2.pikachubeaniez (Park-E&P)
3. LazyLittleMoira (Isaac-tfios)
4. neelimac (finnick-THG)
5.MsConception (Simon-TMI)

They were all awesome. Most popular were Four and Finnick. I chose my fave answers and a few random. If I had to choose, I'd go with Gale Hawthorne, Hands down :) but, if he weren't available (i hope not) then Daemon Black from Lux Series :

QOTC: if you could be with one celebrity for the rest of your life, marry them, have a family with them and grow old with them, who would it be? (You can never leave them)👫💑

NATE'S POV
(rewind to when Rikki calls him)

Cutting the line, I lowered the phone from my ear and for a moment, contemplated my choices. Running my fingers through my hair, I sighed, looking back at the screen. The television in front of me was paused in the middle of a movie, and I wandered if I should just ditch Abigail and finish the movie. After Tessa's earlier words, I couldn't stop picturing Abbie and Jesse being happily together and growing old.

I'm not going, my subconscious decided. I just sat there, trying to agree with that decision.

Who am I kidding? I wasn't the type to just sit there and ignore the guilt bubbling in my stomach. No matter how much I attempted to deny it, there was a huge part of me that would always care and look out for Abigail.

Sighing, I got off the bed and left my dorm, collecting my keys before slamming the door and jogging down to my car.

**

"Oh thank God you're here" Rikki was the first person I recognised as I shoved my way through the mangled bodies. I nodded and looked at the house.

I've been here before.

"Do you know who's hosting the party?" i asked her, trying to hide the unease. I had an itch, that this place wasn't a place I wanted to remember. Do you know that feeling? When you know that something is wrong but can't exactly put a finger on it, but not sure why or what it is, you just know?

"I'm not sure" Rikki answered.

"It's my brother's friend's party." Said another voice. I looked behind Rikki to see a girl with black hair, standing closly to Rikki.

"Jenny, right?" I asked her. She nodded. "I remember you from the closet" I smirked. The smirk didn't even last a second when I realised who Jenny's brother was. And suddenly, I knew exactly why I'd recognised the place.

*^*^ FLASHBACK ^*^*

"Bro, you've gotta meet her" Jesse rambled as he took another sip of his beer. I barely heard anything else he'd said as I was too concentrated on the footy game.

"Yeah, yeah sure" I shushed him, keeping my eyes on the screen.

"I found my dad's stash of beer!" We heard Samuel's voice as he came into view with a 100 watt smile.

"That's great" I said, looking back the game.

"Hey, you free tonight?" Jesse asked all of a sudden, popping open another beer.