L x reader

L's POV~~~

I was standing outside of the Wammy's house where I was raised. It was raining heavily so I surely was soaking wet. It was a special day for me though. Not because it was my birthday but it was birthday of my angel. She was my one and only friend in childhood. We used to be together for all the time. But one day an accident took place and she had to leave. I tried a lot to find her but all in vein. And now on her birthday, I'm standing in front of Wammy's house in the heavy rain while my hands were in pockets. All in my mind was 'I want to meet her again.'

(Y/N)'s POV~~~

It was raining heavily and I was walking down the road. It was quite silent. I liked rain but didn't want to be wet so I had double protection. First was my (f/c) umbrella and second was my (f/c) raincoat. I was going to Wammy's house not because I was raised there. My old house was right next to it so when I was child, I was used to go there and play. It had been a decade since I left it.

After a couple of minutes I reached there, standing exactly in front of the main gate enjoying the sweet memories. As I remembered, a smile flashed on my face. It reminded me my best friend. I was happy to see it again. I could notice some changes too. I glanced around to see a boy standing a little far from me. His hands were in pockets and he seemed a little sad. I could see that he was trying too hard to hide his emotions. He was soacking wet but he didn't care. He seemed familiar but I couldn't remember him. He was just standing there pinning his gaze on the ground. I didn't know why but I went closer to him and set my umbrella onto his head protecting him from rain.

L's POV~~~

I had no mood to go back or even move but suddenly rain stopped hitting me. I looked around to see a lovely girl with (h/l) (h/c). She was holding an umbrella onto my head. I looked at her (e/c) orbs to see innocent love for others. She was surely beautiful. "You should take care of yourself or you'll catch cold." She calmly told me breaking the silence but I just rolled my eyes back to the ground and said "I deserve it." I was super sad. I hope I could have helped my angel that day. She had given me endless happiness and I was just standing there when she needed help. It was entirely my fault.

"Here, please take this. I don't want you to catch cold." She had sympathy for me and when I saw her smile, I couldn't let her down. I took my hand out of the pocket and accepted that umbrella. She was reminding me my angel but I couldn't help.

(Y/N)'s POV~~~

It seemed like none of us had mood to go back. We both sat on the bench near the front gate as he held umbrella onto our heads. "Um...I shouldn't ask such personal question but why are you here ? I mean is there-" I was being shy but I was cut down. "I was raised here so tch it's my home." He was rather sad and grinning his teeth while talking about his past. "And have you any reason ? I haven't seen you around here before." His question was obvious. I didn't have any mood to let him down. "Oh...I wasn't raised here like you but it was used to be my second home." He tilted his head as I continued. "My old house was right next to it and since I was alone, I was used to come and play here." His eyes widened. "But then, one day, when I was playing with my best friend, others just came and started yelling at me and started throwing things to me. Someone had spread rumors about me and I had to leave this place and moreover I had to leave my best friend."

L's POV~~~

I was calmly listening to her when I realized that the story was familiar. That story was enough for me to recognize my angel. But it seemed like she still hadn't remembered me. "I just want to see him successful and happy person in his life." She finished and I faced her to see she was crying. I didn't give it any thought and just hugged her. She was surprised first but then she buried her face in my chest. After sometime we pulled apart and then I took her right hand in mine and started playing with it. I was giving her a signal to remember me. When we met, I had done the same thing. She looked at me with widened eyes. I smiled at her and whispered in her ear "Remember me, my angel" It was just her nickname from me. She softly mumbled "Lawliet." That's it. She remembered me and that was the happiest moment of my life. We stared at each other for a while and then she hugged me. I could fill her sobbing in my chest. I hugged her back gently and again whispered in her ear
'Happy birthday, my little angel.'