L x insecure reader

Third person's POV~~~

L and (Y/n) had become best friends. The most important and common thing was that they both loved sweets. L surely had feelings for (Y/n) but had no courage to ask her out and it same goes to (Y/n). (Y/n) was a cute girl and even more beautiful than Misa but she was a little unlucky. Things were never there in (Y/n)'s favour but L was always ready to protect her no matter what.

Back into the present~

(Y/n) had gone to U.S.A. and was coming back that day. L was waiting for her in their favourite sweet shop. After a half of hour, (Y/n) reached there. L stood up and give her a warm welcoming hug. She just hugged back without saying anything. "Welcome home, (Y/n)-chan. I missed you so much." L was smiling but it seemed like (Y/n) wasn't in good mood. "Ne (Y/n)-chan, aren't you happy? You look down." She snapped out of her thoughts and answered that everything is fine and took her seat. L ordered some sweets for both of them. (Y/n) was still lost in her sad thoughts while L was staring at her curiously. He just wanted to figure out the problem and solve it. He didn't like to see his crush like this. They were served their sweets after sometimes. L took out the spoon and started eating his strawberry shortcake. He got more worried when (Y/n) didn't even move. There was an awkward silent between them and L thought to break it. "(Y/n), aren't you going to eat it?" She snapped out of her thoughts again and started eating her (favourite/sweet) as well. "Umm.....sorry....I was...." She was finding some words but L cut her off. "What's wrong, (Y/n)?" L couldn't control himself and asked her directly. "It's nothing." She tried to hide it but L was smarter than she thought. "Don't lie and tell me the truth." L was pretty serious. "Fine..." (Y/n) seemed annoyed as she told everything to L. "When I was coming back, someone had killed a person and since I was standing right next to him, media thought that I'm a murderer. I tried to explain but all in vein." L understood the situation. "What if they would broadcast that. And if Kira would see me, he's gonna kill me." (Y/n) stood up and ran away from the sweet shop crying. L looked at the door and then looked at his cake. He had to make a decision. Well, it was quite obvious, wasn't it? He stood up, paid the bill and went after her. She was sitting on the stairs near the shop. She was crying and sobbing harder. L went closer to her and sat next to her. "I'm gonna die." She said. L turned and pulled her into a gentle and comforting hug. "Nothing will happen to you.....I promise."

(Y/n) trusted L more than herself. Still she couldn't sleep at night. She got up from her bed to drink some water and saw L doing some work on his computer. It was rare. L rarely operate computer himself because Watari was always up for that. (Y/n) was confused but didn't bother to ask after all she had her problems to worry about. She drank some water and got back to her room. She lied down on bed, closing her eyes trying to sleep. She heard someone on the door. She swiftly yelled "Who's there?" She was a little scared yet angry. "Calm down (Y/n), it's just me." L entered the room. "Don't scare like this me especially when I can't sleep." She lowered her gaze. L pulled a chair next to her bed and sat on it. "I'll be here until you fall asleep. So hurry up." He sweetly ordered her. (Y/n) slightly surprised but then closed her eyes. L pulled a blanket on her. L was staring (Y/n) protectively. After a while (Y/n) opened her eyes again. "I still can't asleep." L tilted his head. "Then, here, hold my hand. You can't sleep because your tensed but forget about all your worries, hold my hand and remember that I'm always there for you." She blushed a bit and hugged his hand tightly and drifted into sleep. After an hour or so, L slowly slide his hand and left the room. "Goodnight, my love."

On the next day~~~

Light came running towards L and informed "L, (Y/n) had locked herself in her room and is crying so badly." L worried and stood up. He took a CD from his desk and rushed to (Y/n)'s room. Everyone had gathered there. "(Y/n)-chan, please open the door, we'll go to garden." Misa requested but "Just leave me alone, I'm a *sob* criminal and gonna get punished." (Y/n) answered from her room. Everyone made way for L. They all knew that there was a special bond between L and (Y/n). L calmly knocked on the door and said "(Y/n), open the door." "I won't" "Listen, I have something really important to show you." "I don't wanna see anything." "Don't you wanna know what I was doing the whole night?" (Y/n) didn't answer. She had no reason to deny. "Well, I had hacked that broadcast studio computer and stole that scene and the CD is now in my hand and I want you to destroy it." (Y/n) opened the door and saw the CD right in front of her eyes. She took it and made hundred pieces of it. She then looked at L who was smiling at her. "Why...did you do that for me?" (Y/n) was now out of danger. L moved his head closer to (Y/n) and said "Because.....I love you." (Y/n)'s eyes widened in surprise. "I...love you too, L" as she pulled him into a hug and everyone started clapping and cheering for them while L and (Y/n) were blushing like mad.

Death note one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें