Mello x reader

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last updated but you know school can be a real burden when you have exams upcoming. But thank you for requesting this story and I wanted to confess something before story. Actually I haven't watched second season of deathnote so I don't know much about Mello and Near and other characters. Sorry if Mello is so much OOC but I tried my best. Feel free to give it feedback so I can improve. Thank you for reading.

Mello x reader

(Y/n)'s POV~~~
I was sitting in office with relaxed mood and enjoying my life. Detective work was good when Near is near you 😅...he is so smart that you don't have to use your mind much. I put my hands on the table and rested my head on them to get comfort. But seems like people don't like when I sleep. Someone burst through the door and handed me picture of a guy and informed that I was made incharge to arrest him and now we've finally found him. To be honest I was real skillful officer but I just didn't want to take mission so seriously especially this one. If I had tried my best, I could arrest him two months ago but I didn't feel like it. That person left after saying that if I fail this time, they're gonna kick me out. I guess I can't help the situation now, I need to do something. I got up from my chair and stared at picture for a while and lost into flashbacks.

 I got up from my chair and stared at picture for a while and lost into flashbacks

I was around 7 years when I found an orphanage. It was near my house so I used to go there and play with them. I befriended everyone quickly. And I clearly remember the day when I spilled my ice cream and I was crying so loudly. Maybe that attracted attention of certain person. He came close to me and analysed the situation. He then went running and bought me a new ice cream of same flavour. I happily accepted it and we both sat down on a bench and talked. I got to know that his name was Mello. Well, it was neither our first meeting nor the last.

When I was around 12 years old, we had to leave that city because of transfer of my father. I said bye to everyone except Mello. He was doing something so he didn't notice me much. I didn't want to meet him too because I knew I would burst into tears if I meet him. The fact that we can never meet each other was eating me inside. I turned back to leave with little tears in my eyes. I was alomst on the gates when someone held my hand, making me almost trip. I looked to him and it was Mello.
"Where are you going?"
"To (City name)....you know it's kinda far...so...we wo...won't ---be---able to...me---" before I could finish, I stated crying and sobbing. Mello was also disappointed after hearing this. He pulled my hand and got closer and gave me a warm hug. He ruffled my hair to comfort me.
"It's alright...we will meet again I promise" he said with a bright smile.

That smile helped me go through all hard times and the little hope of meeting him again kept me alive. I don't know why but day by day I wished to meet him more and more. My wish of meeting him again kept increasing and when I was 18, I was so desperate to meet him. I went back to that city and was on my way to Watari's house when it started raining. Luckily I had umbrella...I kept walking and walking until I came to realise that I'm lost. I looked around but couldn't find my way. I walked a bit more when I found someone standing in rain. He was socking wet yet he didn't care. He was just staring at clouds or maybe sky which was fully covered now. I watched closely and smiled on my fate. I walked over to him, holding umbrella on his head.
"So we finally meet again." I said with watery eyes and small smile on my face. He immediately recognised my voice and turned around.
"(Y/n)...." he hugged me tightly and started sobbing a little. I could see by his face and behaviour that something was wrong. I patted his head and hugged him back to comfort him.
"Hush, I'm hear now."
We both found a better shelter to save us from rain.
"I left Watari's house" he barely said that.
"What? Why?" I was totally shocked.
"Because....because I wanted to." he said with anger and envy in his eyes. Maybe something had happened but I honestly don't care. Recalling that would hurt Mello so I let him have his space.
"I have no idea where to start again.....baka." he said hopelessly.
"Umm....what about staying with me?" I offered with a wide smile. He looked at me with astonished face.
"You better live with your parent--"
"I have also left my home."
There was awful silence between us. I was also regretting my decision but we both were helpless.
"Alright." Mello said tightening his fists.
"We will start our life again and become much more happier. And we will become number 1 in this world." he was determined this time. Looking at him, I got a wave of relief.
"Hai...let's do our best."

And then we both started working together. We found a little house to live and gathered everything needed for our life. After 2-3 months, he confessed to me. He knelt down infront of me and took out a ring, and said
"(Y/n)....I know we're already together but still, will you be mine and mine only?" he was totally sweetheart. How can I say no to him and then we kissed for the first time. The kiss was innocent and passionate.

Yet, we had to separate. He went to USA and I became detective and met Near again. We started working together in Kira case. And now I was kinda forced to arrest my lover, childhood friend and fiance. I looked at the small letter which I got while flight to Mello's location.

(Y/n),
Shoot Mello to death or I will kill you
-Kira

Now the question wasn't only about job.
We rushed to location and I finally saw Mello.
He looked at me and smiled. He seemed totally helpless like he has lost everything. It was his end I guess. I took out my gun and pointed it to him.
"(Y/n)....I'm glad you're the one who's gonna kill me.....Thank you for everything you've done for me so far. I will always love you (Y/n)..."

I looked at the ring which I was wearing till now and then looked at gun. Should I really kill him???

Ok...so you can comment your vote, either to kill him or to get killed by Kira...