Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping loudly. My eyes fluttered open while I removed the green and red blanket off my legs and headed straight to the kitchen. I noticed that all we had left from last summer were some granola bars. I checked my pocket to see how much money I had but all that I could've afforded was a bag of chips. I took a granola bar since there was nothing else to eat obviously and sat on the couch trying my best to not use my phone since I only had 20% left of the charge. I wondered what to do until I find a way out off this mess.

Alex's POV:
I can't believe I let her go. I'm so stupid! If Cameron found out he'd cut my head off! Not literally. But still. I looked at Jace and Mike the guy with blonde hair. They stared at me shocked well mostly Mike. Jace just kept his cold face. Mike and Jace were brothers but totally different. They aren't actually real biological brothers because Jace was adopted by Mikes parents. Jace is the cold one he doesn't like to show his feelings well Jace just had a rough past. Mike is the jumpy one who is always smiling which is not what Jace does he never shows his emotions.

It's been already a day since Gracie left and all I could think of is where she went and how is she doing. Good think I hacked her phone to install a tracker so I can track her down if she's in danger. Gracie knew everything about me but what she didn't know is that I was an expert hacker. But never used that talent other than emergencies like this one. I tracked her down and we all got in my car me mike and Jace obviously I still hadn't told Cameron about what happened  yesterday.

I tracked down Gracie to see that I ended up in a forest and a real small house in the middle. The door was locked so I had to break it.

Gracie's POV:

The door slammed open I saw Alex come in my jaw dropped.

"Calm down!" He yelled as he saw me getting ready to run

"Wh-" he cut me off

"I'm going to talk and you are going to listen carefully" he said and then saw Jace and the blonde haired guy that I guessed his name was mike since Alex told them to pin me down on the couch when I wouldn't calm down. But I mean can you blame me! Alex walked towards me

"Look" he kneeled down and continued "I'm not unknown neither is Cameron or Jace or Mike everyone here is with you second we are not doing this to hurt but to protect because unknown is after you right now and third you know that we love you and would never hurt you" he said and the two men let go of me.

"I guess you are wondering who they are" he said pointing at Jace and Mike "I think you got their names and all you got to know is that these are my cousins and I asked them to help hunt down unknown" he continued

I sat straight on the couch and pulled my knees up and held them close to my chest " y-your cousins" I said trying to talk with confidence but as you can see that wasn't working very well for me.

"Yeah, well Jace is adopted but he is still part of the family" he said Jace just kept scrolling down his phone like he didn't care.

"A-adopted? "I said

"YES ADOPTED . GOD WHY ARE PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE THAT SAME LOOK WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD ADOPTED" Jace yelled and went outside. I froze thinking if I did something wrong.

"I'm sorry about him. He just had a rough past" Alex said checking out the window to check on Jace.

"I understand I'm sorry if I said something wrong" I said looking at my feet.