Chapter 18/ Epilogue

Someone I couldn't imagine would be!

Someone that I barely knew!

Someone that I never would have thought doing this!

No it's not my cousin.

Not my dad.

But...

But.....

Mason.

Mason.

Mason.

Mason.

Mason.

Mason.

Mason.

The only word running through my mind.

Why?

Why Mason?

Seriously the popular dude in school?

But... Why?

"Why?" I asked

"What?" Mason asked.

"Why did you do this?"

"You see there is a lot of things you don't know about yourself" he stepped closer as I took a step back.

"I think I know myself better than you!" I said fear running around my eyes, like a crazy person in a marathon.

"Oh no sweetheart I'm afraid not." He took a step closer. I took a step back but hit the wall.

"What do you mean?"

"You see your so called brother, Cameron is not your real brother. In fact he was adopted."

I stood in shock staring at everyone.

Mason then continued. "In fact you never had a brother."

"W-what?" I said in shock not believing what he's saying.

"Let me tell you a story" he paused and continued " it's called.....hmmmmm......THE TRUTH."

"The truth?" I asked

"You see your dad married a woman when your mom died. That women  then moved to live with you guys but there was a catch........there's always a catch. Do you want to know what it is?"

I nodded and he continued "that woman was my mom."

I looked at him shocked !

Wait that means he's my stepbrother!

"That's the catch?" I asked

"No" he paused and then continued "the catch is that my mom never told your dad about me! She was too scared of his reaction since she never had told him! My mom left me so your dad wouldn't leave her!" He yelled. He continued "she left me for you and your dad!"

"B-but" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"I wanted you to feel the pain of losing someone. I wanted you to know how it feels to never see the person you love ever again." He paused and continued "did you know that after my mom left for your dad, she never came back for me." He paused again and continued "DID YOU!?"