Chapter 6 - The Wedding of the Century (The 18th Century)

*Chapter Six – The Wedding of the Century (The 18th Century)*

Christian watched as Angelique ascended the stair case, ‘what did she mean that Veronica was a hunter?’ he stood up and began pacing the room only stopping to pour himself a much needed glass of his favourite alcoholic beverage, Bourbon. Instead of researching Veronica like he had originally planned to do Christian spent most of the night debating whether or not he should trust Angelique again. After all she had never lied to him once during the time they knew each other but Christian had witnessed first-hand how easily she could manipulate other people into doing what she wanted them to do.

Meanwhile upstairs…

Angelique slowly glided around the room of her husband looking at his many belongings but since none of them appeared to have any interest to Angelique she swiftly left the room and made her way to the next room down the corridor where she had left her suitcases earlier on in the day while Christian had been out doing god knows what. After checking that Christian hadn’t followed her up the stairs she flew into the room and locked the door behind her, she then dragged the first lilac leopard print suitcase over to the burgundy and mahogany ottoman located beneath the almost floor to ceiling window. She foraged around within the suitcase until she found the small memory stick that she had hidden within the silk lining of the case, she then grabbed her laptop and waited for the memory stick to load all the information she needed.

The moment it was loaded, she set to work on typing up all the relevant information that she needed into a word document which she entitled ‘Veronica Reed – The Vampire Hunter Extraordinaire.’ Although Angelique truly loved her husband she wasn’t going to sit back and let him get close to someone who’s instinct it was to kill him without a second thought; she had already got rid of one Vampire hunter but never did she imagine that a doppelganger could be created through their sister and  still have the same hunting desire. Before Angelique typed any more she minimised the word document and stared at the screensaver on her laptop, it was originally a painting of her and Christian on their wedding day which she had taken a photo of and uploaded onto the laptop. She gazed at the picture which brought back all of the memories of Christian’s proposal and the glorious wedding day which had been the happiest moment of her life…

374 years ago…

With their arms entwined Angelique and Christian strolled through the glorious gardens of the Bouchard Mansion that Angelique had been staying at for the past few years due to the sudden death of her dear father and not having the finances to be able to successfully keep her family home.

The two of them spoke freely and happily together and shared many laughs along that day’s walk. Eventually they arrived at the stone gazebo which was home to a white swinging chair that overlooked the glistening lake; ‘oh Christian do look… two swans have just landed over there. Are they not marvellous creatures?’ Angelique leaned on the window ledge and stared happily at the majestic birds as they glided effortlessly over the clear water ‘that they are Miss Chauvin’ Christian whispered in her ear as he stood right behind her. ‘Did you know that swans mate for life, even if their partner dies they remain faithful’ Angelique explained to which Christian wrapped his arms around her waist ‘well in that case, would you be my swan’ Angelique was speechless. She turned to face him and in his hand was a red velvet box with a diamond engagement ring inside, ‘my Lord... Christian… I’ she stuttered with her eyes flooding with happy tears.

‘Angelique Grace Chauvin, would you do me the honour of becoming Lady Angelique Bouchard’ Christian lowered himself onto one knee ‘I don’t know what to say’ tears cascaded down Angelique’s cheeks as she chocked on her word, ‘all you need to say is yes’ Christian smiled, ‘then yes… yes, yes, yes’ she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. The two shared a soft  kiss before Christian slid the ring onto Angelique’s finger which she quickly admired before smiling at her new fiancée. Hand in hand, they both glided back up to the mansion to tell everyone the news and begin the preparations for the wedding of the century!