Chapter 13 - Kidnap

*Chapter Thirteen – Kidnap*

Suddenly he heard a tree branch snap which caused him to turn around at lightning speed but he saw nothing. Another tree branch snapped. He turned around but still could see nothing. Christian heard a soft giggle behind him but nobody was behind him, he turned back around to face the car and that’s when he saw her leaning against the car door. ‘Elizabeth? What are you doing here?’ Elizabeth stood up straighter ‘I brought you here. Didn’t you know that I could manipulate your mind without even being near you?’ she then began strolling towards him; Christian tried to say something but no words would come out. ‘You’ve beaten me at every turn and it’s starting to get tedious; I’m dying to rip your throat out but I know that if I do I won’t get what I want’ Elizabeth seized his throat and pinned him to a nearby tree. She locked lips with him but stopped quickly when she heard a car approaching; she shot up into the tree and halted her mind control on Christian so that he didn’t remember anything that had happened after he had led Angelique to Lake Katrina.

Angelique drove down the dirt road until she noticed a shock of red as she drove past, she slammed on the brakes and reversed slightly ‘that’s my damn Lamborghini’ she muttered turning he wheel and driving up the road towards her car. The tyres screeched to a halt and she quickly clambered out of the car, when she saw Christian rushing towards her she gathered all of her inner strength and punched him in the jaw sending him crashing into a tree creating a gaping hole in it in the process, ‘what the hell was that for Angel’ he rubbed his jaw as he knelt down on the leafy ground ‘what the hell was that for? I’ll tell you what that was for Christian. That was for pretending you loved me. That was for taking me to the log cabin. That was for snapping my neck and dumping my body in the middle of Lake Katrina; and that one was for stealing my car!’ she hissed as she hit him over and over again.

Christian blocked her neck blow and spun her around so that her back was pressed to his front, he kept her in position with one hand locked in a vice grip around her throat and the other restraining her hand behind her back. ‘Angel, I would never do anything like that to you. Where have you got this idea’ ‘I am not imagining it, you were romantic one minute then snapped my neck the next’ Angelique snarled trying to break free from his grasp but he was far too strong for her so she resorted to giving him an agonising brain aneurism which caused him to collapse to the floor clutching his head. However Angelique was soon clutching her own head in pain as a loud noise pierced her ears, she screamed as she dropped to her knees in front of Christian. Elizabeth then leapt down from her hiding place in the tree and crouched beside Angelique ‘I know, it hurts doesn’t it but it’s a great trick. Thank you for teaching it to me’ Elizabeth grinned to which Angelique looked at her confused before the pain increased which caused her to screw her eyes shut and scream out once again.

‘Oh, you didn’t know. Well my darling Veronica managed to get inside your head so whenever you tapped into her mind you transferred your thoughts on to her. It didn’t take her long to come across this delectable little spell and it wasn’t long before we found out where the two of you were’ Elizabeth explained as Veronica emerged from the shadows. ‘You know for an almost 400 year old witch, you’re so easy to outwit’ Veronica smirked.

Elizabeth halted the ear shattering noise and allowed Angelique time to recover, ‘but I must say the most entertaining part of our little mind games was when I managed to manipulate Christian into snapping your neck and dumping your body in the lake, that went like textbook. Although I was surprised when he stole your Lamborghini, that wasn’t part of the plan but hey ho it was still very entertaining… Over the years I’ve manipulated his mind countless times and he’s never known because I only need something of his to make the spell work; and I’ve always had something of his’ Elizabeth explained proudly but Christian quickly interrupted her before she could say anything else ‘what do you have of mine’ Elizabeth grinned viciously before looking over at Veronica. Veronica looked back at her mother with confusion that matched that of both Angelique and Christian. ‘Do I really have to spell it out for you Christian? Veronica is your daughter’ Elizabeth mentioned simply.