Chapter 12 - Bitch Slap

*Chapter Twelve – Bitch Slap*

Eventually he arrived and when he did he grabbed his black leather suitcase and carried it outside to the car where he placed it in the trunk. He slid into the driver’s and when he turned the ignition the powerful engine roared into life and softly purred as he backed out of the drive; but it was soon roaring again when he slammed his foot down on the accelerator causing the car to fly forward which sent him slamming backwards into his seat. Christian pulled on a pair of black shades and allowed the wind to tornado through his hair as he bolted down the still isolated roads; he didn’t quite know where he was headed but he knew that wherever it was, it was pulling him towards it like he was a thrashing sword fish being dragged from the ocean by a large fishing reel.

It was going to be a long journey so he pulled into the first service station he came across and made sure to ‘eat’ as much as he could for the trip. Then he settled back into the car and made sure that the music was pounding through the speakers as he once again slammed his foot down on the accelerator.

Meanwhile at the bottom of Lake Katrina…

Angelique’s eyes burst open. She struggled for breath but the more of the water she coughed out, more went into her lungs. She thrashed around as violently as she could until her legs were able to kick the bottom of the lake bed which sent her propelling up through the water until she reached the surface where she gasped for breath and coughed up the water that was still flooding her lungs. Her eyes darted around her surroundings until she figured out where she was. She then began scouting the surroundings for Christian. He was nowhere to be seen.

Anger surged through her veins and her eyes turned the same shade of red as her Bleeding Rose Crystal nails as the rage made its way lower down her body, at that moment she vowed that she would make Christian suffer for the rest of time. As she waded through the glassy, clear water her heart began to harden when she thought of how Christian had loved her for all those years only to leave her for another woman and then murder her twice! Despite her heart hardening, cracks began forming all over Angelique’s body but she didn’t care.

She made her way back to the log cabin where she planned on confronting then killing Christian but when she got to the front door she noticed her beloved Lamborghini was missing. The only thing that suggested it had ever been there were the tyre marks on the ground which Angelique knew represented a wheel spin so therefore a quick get a way on Christian’s part. Angelique grinded her teeth together before entering the living room, she walked past the mirror and didn’t recognise the person standing looking back at her. No make-up stained her face so every crack could be seen clearly, her eyes shone the same colour as the protective Bleeding Rose Crystals, her nails were split and the polish was chipping, her hair fell in a messy mane over her face; and her clothes! Oh those clothes, what was she thinking! She loathed shorts, she detested tank tops and she despised trainers especially bright white ones with pink laces. They were kicked off straight away and thrown to the corner of the room.

‘This is so not me’ Angelique grabbed her suitcase, she opened it and yanked out some clothes. Although she still loved wearing black, white and red she decided that she would wear her beige tailored jacket, a deep red camisole top and a pair of dark brown (almost black) skinny jeans with a pair of red stiletto shoes on her feet. Once she was dressed, she curled her hair and styled it so that it remained over her shoulder by the use of pins at the back of the hair. Her classic red lipstick was then applied with her long lashed mascara and lightly applied eyeliner which gave her a natural yet edgy appearance. A pair of tear drop earrings were placed through her ears with the matching necklace around her neck, as well as the locket she always wore. Angelique glanced in the mirror and grinned her signature half smile that Christian had learnt from her.