Chapter 11 - Bend and Snap

*Chapter Eleven- Bend and Snap*

Meanwhile at 43 Auburn Street…

Veronica groaned in discomfort from her stiff neck as she sat up and looked at her surroundings to work out where she was ‘oh I’m at home’ she realised but suddenly she heard the front door slam and footsteps echoing down the hallway. Veronica grabbed the poker from the fireplace and held it tightly within her grasp as she crept around the room to the door where she saw somebody searching through the drawers in the hallway. Without a second thought she launched the poker at the intruder who screamed in pain before falling to the floor, Veronica lunged at the figure and pinned them down to the floor, ‘Veronica what on earth are you doing?’ Elizabeth’s angry voice echoed throughout the room ‘oh mother, it’s you. I thought it was an intruder’ Veronica climbed off of her mother before helping her to her feet ‘so is that why I have a fire poker in my abdomen?’ Elizabeth looked down at the poker protruding from her skin ‘sorry’ was all Veronica could say.

Elizabeth huffed at her before seizing the poker in her hand and tearing it out through her skin, Veronica winced though Elizabeth seemed completely un-phased by the pain lancing through her. ‘How could she be THE Angelique Bouchard? How can she be a vampire and a witch, it is just not possible’ Elizabeth paced the floor twirling the poker between her fingers.

‘What are you talking about mother?’ Veronica watched her mother’s movements, ‘your friend Angelique is the same Angelique that killed me all those years ago. She’s married to the vampire. You were there Veronica how can you not remember this’ anger was evident in Elizabeth’s voice. Veronica stared at Elizabeth in confusion ‘what are you talking about? She killed our ancestor Elizabeth Monet. Anyway I’ve been here all evening studying for my biology test tomorrow morning’ by this point Elizabeth was seething with rage ‘I am Elizabeth Monet, and no you haven’t been here all day studying you came with me to the Bouchard Boarding House to kill the vampires’ but when Veronica continued to look at Elizabeth confused, Elizabeth knew that something was wrong ‘darling come here’ Veronica made her way over to her. Elizabeth grabbed her by the back of the neck and placed her other hand on Veronica’s forehead ‘you’ve been compelled to forget tonight’s events by that witch bitch’ Elizabeth groaned as she released Veronica.

‘Not only that but she’s still linked to you so she can read your mind without us knowing. How are we supposed to get a head start on them now’ Elizabeth threw the fire poker which embedded itself into the opposite wall. She then sat down on the sofa and put her head in her hands, ‘I should have just torn his heart out the moment I met him instead of compelling him to trust me’ ‘we’ll get them eventually mother, we just need to re-plan and make sure there’s nothing that can throw us off’ Veronica knelt in front of Elizabeth who glanced over Veronica’s shoulder towards the bookcase and grinned when her eyes landed on a specific book.

Back at the abandoned log cabin…

Angelique lay quietly beside Christian with her head and torso resting on his chest while he methodically stroked her naked back. After a few seconds Angelique stirred and her sleepy, post lovemaking eyes fluttered open and eventually locked on Christian’s who was already looking at her. ‘Hi’ she smiled, ‘hi yourself’ Christian grinned gently kissing her soft lips, ‘I could stay like this forever’ Angelique breathed deeply and she snuggled into Christian’s chest ‘so could I, but at the minute I’m starving’ Christian smirked ‘way to kill the mood’ Angelique scolded playfully to which Christian smiled before clambering off the sofa and pulling on his trousers as he stood up. ‘Enjoying the show’ he teased, Angelique smiled then stood up and pulled on her clothes.

After a few moments the two of them looked presentable enough to venture outside; the dawn was beginning to approach so it was still quite dark but Angelique and Christian knew that there would be some people around that they could feed on. Both of them scurried up into the trees and sat on the branches waiting silently until eventually they heard the sound of footsteps getting closer to them; Angelique looked down and saw an athletic young man jogging through the trees, he stopped and began to stretch. So Angelique decided to take the opportunity, she silently dropped to the floor just behind the jogger and leaned against a nearby tree, ‘you must work out a lot to get those leg muscles’ Angelique stared at the joggers muscular thighs, the jogger spun around startled before turning on the charm ‘I go for an hour long jog every morning followed by an hour at the gym. I love to keep myself fit and by the looks of you, you do as well’ ‘oh yes I run quite a lot’ Angelique smiled seductively.