Feelings

Just wanna say, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the encouraging reviews. I love you guys. Seriously. Keep 'em coming. : ) This is a fun way to spend my Spring Break.

All right, so I'm trying to piece together how much longer I'm going to let this story go. I'm thinking somewhere around 20 chapters. That's my goal so far, it may stretch on more. Please, give me any feedback, suggestions, or even story ideas! I'll try and use 'em. All right. Enjoy this chapter. It's a little shorter, but still took just as much effort.

- —- —- ... ... ..... ... — - - - —-

"Korra, are you sure you're all right?"

Korra jerked out of her meditation—or at least her attempt at a meditation—and looked up to see Tenzin entering the sun-drenched gazebo. His gold and maroon airbending robes swished around him as he settled himself onto the marble floor, a few paces from her, and mimicked her cross-legged pose. The concern was evident in his clear blue eyes.

"Hmm?" Korra cleared her throat. "Oh, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Tenzin measured her with that penetrating gaze, and Korra shifted. Her teacher always had the knack to see straight through her, especially when she didn't want him to. Ever since Amon had dropped her off at the foot of Air Temple Island, Tenzin had been keeping a keen eye on her. Everyone else seemed thrilled she was back. Mako, Asami and Bolin had thrown a party the night before, celebrating her return. Her meditation practice was one of the only spare minutes she didn't have Ikki, Jinora, or Meelo hanging off one of her limbs. Pema, so pregnant Korra was sure she would burst any day, still insisted on hugging her with that bloated stomach every time she came around the corner.

Korra returned her gaze to Tenzin, swallowing once as he continued.

"It's just... you've been acting a little reserved lately. Not your usual self. Is something wrong?"

"Why would anything be wrong?"

Tenzin sighed. "Korra, it's all right to be shaken." His voice darkened, his blue eyes flashing. "If Tarrlok hurt you..."

"No, no," Korra said quickly. "It wasn't anything like that. I'm just... a little shaken like you said. I've never been bloodbent before you, you know?"

Tenzin sighed. "Neither had I. I suppose this traumatic experience is the reason you've been so removed, yes?"

Korra nodded. Tenzin suddenly leaned forward, clasping both of her hands in his. "Korra, I just want you to know you are like a daughter to me. When you were taken, it was like I'd lost a member of my own family. If Tarrlok—or anyone for that matter—has hurt you in any way, they'll have me to deal with." He took a deep breath, squeezing her hands once. "Just know that I'm always here for you, if you ever wish to talk."

Korra swallowed, a sudden burning in her eyes, and nodded. Tenzin released her hands and stood, offering her a hand up. "Pema sent me to get you. Lunch is ready."

"Good, cuz I'm starved." Korra followed him to the dining hall, beating back the clot of guilt in her throat. It would only hurt Tenzin to know the truth. Spirits, she wasn't even sure she knew the whole truth. Everything was complicated right now, far, far too complicated to get them involved in her mess.

Everyone else was already seated when the two of them arrived. Pema sat at the head of the table, propped up on several pillows so her swollen belly wouldn't brush the floor. Ikki and Jinora sat opposite her, with Meelo drooling over the rice bowl in the middle. Korra's heart brightened when she saw Asami, Mako and Bolin sitting around the table too. Bolin jumped up as she entered.