Chapter 8-Mate

Chapter 8
Mate

Sweets and chocolate they say that they will heal pain and make you feel better.

Is that even true?After my brother leaves I go to eat the half of the first bag of sweets.I amn't tired and it is still seven so I decide to head downstairs and train and let some anger out. I go to room seven and stay there for an hour until the boys get down and I stop and walk out.

When Jake puts his hand in front of me to stop me and he says."What's wrong?" "What do you care?"I reply harsh. I don't even know what got me this angry. I am getting my anger out by pushing people away.

"I am your friend and you helped me, now I will help you." He says and I take a slow breathe. I know he is telling the truth. "What do you want to talk about number one fighting with my father, fighting with my step mother, yelling at my brother. Tell me which one?"I ask him.

The guys all look at me with surprise and see how bad I am taking the situation. "Let's just talk."Jake says in his calm tone. We all sit down on the mattresses. "Ok!" I respond as I know I can't get out of this.

"What happened with the rogues??Dane asks suspicious as he looks at me. "They attacked me since I defeated their leader."I say telling the truth.

"That says it all." One of the twins says as I look at Jake. "When I was at the..."I start off but I am cut. "At the Blue Moon's pack you escaped we know. Why did you even think about it you could've got yourself hurt again."Zane says worried.

"Since I am weak I need to get out of that close room and in the open air."I say looking at my feet while playing with my fingers. "You aren't weak Em..."Jake says as he tries looking in my eyes.

"Yeah." Dane and Zane says at the same time. "My wolf talked to me. Her name is Shadow and she is the part of me that I only like." I say still keeping my head down as not to look at them.

"We figured that out since you shifted easily.. Well nice to meet you Shadow and you are beautiful the way you are. "Zane says as I lift my head and look at him in the eyes. He isn't lying but I don't see myself beautiful. No one has ever called me that.

"How do you know that I shifted?"I ask suspiciously and look at Jake."Your dad" He he says I reply with "Oh" . Well my father does spread the word fast. Why can't he just keep it between us?

"So why were you so angry at your father, Erica and Drake." Zane aks. "Well there is one reason or two one of them for feeling weak when fighting with the rogues the other one it's about ma... I can't tell you I promised someone." I say as a grown appears on my face.

"The rogues yeah sure they get at you and all but you are hurt and sad who hurt you Em?" Jake asks trying to get answers from me. "I can't say."I tell him.

Then look at Dane who is thinking hard. I am afraid that they will figure out my secret soon now. I don't know how much longer before it's obvious that I found my mate.

"Oh I have a good question can I ask?" Dane says as I nod. "Why were you so pissed when you brother mentioned your mate."he asks and I stiffen and can't move. No not that word again but this time it is used against me. Trying to get me to answer this question. I can't I have to get out of here. But I can't get up its like my body just froze.

"Emma are you alright?"I don't look at Jake as if I didn't listen to him."Don't try avoiding me, talk to me come. We won't tell I promise not even your brother." I can't lift my head not when I am crying and tears are going down my face. I put my hands on my face so they won't see me.

"That's it there is something wrong about this whole mate thing." Dane says. Which made me cry more I couldn't stop crying then Jake hears me."Emma are you...???" He says. He lifts my head so I face him. He tries to take my hands off I try keeping them on my face but he manages to get them off.