Life After Marriage

zee's pov:

This still feels like a dream ,I always longed for this moment to have her by my side . Now she is right here and there is no denying that she looks beautiful and gorgeous even though there is trace of make up. Her fresh and natural face with the most pleasant smile ,those long locks of hair that falls on her face and that simple night gown- she doesn't have the slightest of idea that I can fall for her over and over again ,with every sight of hers.

Of course I love the fact that she wears a hijab in front of non mahrems and I now absolutely realize why it is mandatory to wear one. As she slept burying her head in my chest ,I embraced her in a soft hug as she stirred a little which made her look ultra cute. She then turned towards her right facing her back to me.

-------------------------

After praying fajr we slept for another hour and woke up to see her back facing me. As I inched closer to see her sleeping face, she immediately turned towards me.

"aaahhhhhh"

"aaahhhhhhhhhhhh"

"WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU TRYING TO DO?"

"Why the hell didnt you tell me you were awake?"

"well you didn't ask me"

"Fine !I now ask you !what were you doing Mrs. humaira?"

"reading wattpad?"

"YOU ARE NOT FREAKING SERIOUS ,ARE YOU?"

"I am damn serious !"

"The very first morning of our reception I wake up to find my wife dwelled in wattpad !How romantic!"

"Indeed!So is raiyyan "

"Raiyyan?who is he?wait! I can't decipher the puzzle "

"you don't know raiyyan?tammara?eleven days of halal dating?my fav story?"she almost cried in exaggeration covering her mouth with her hand.

she was impossible,unpredictable and the funniest character I have come across. Drama runs in her veins ,in these 6 months I have learnt that her mood swings can really take a toll. If she was funny ,her sense of humour can entertain the most boring person in the crowd. But if her mood is bad ,unfortunately every one around would suffer as much.

"Stop the madness maira!And where are the jasmine flowers that were scattered all around the room?Don't tell me you let the maid enter the room when I was asleep.",I said scanning the room to find it spick and span ,apart from the bedsheets which were rumpled cuz I was still sleeping.

"Well, I was bored so I got a broom from the kitchen and swept the room. I hate to see my room scattered and uncluttered."

Finally it felt like I was married. Realisation dawning over me that now there is someone to keep instructing me to keep the room and wardrobe clean ,to not throw the wet towel on the bed and etc etc.

------In the evening------
"so ,humaira did you'll plan where you'll would be going for honeymoon?",asked bhabhi as I almost choked on the food that I was munching because I never really told her where I'd be taking her.

"Honestly ,we haven't decided on that though I always wanted to go to Rome ,Florence and Venice.But not anytime soon though because I have college. "

"Awwww! That is so romantic",replied bhabhi with dreamy eyes.

I mentally made a note of that point .

"Humaira look whose here !",said ammi.

It was humaira's dad mom and jaafar. she immediately ran crashed into a hug .I greeted them too and we sat in the drawing room.

This is one of the Indian culture that when a family is going to meet their in laws they take some sweets and fruits. But not in small quantities. it will be sufficient enough for months. They had got big trays of assorted sweets and humairas mom warned humaira from eating them.

I toured them entire apartment as it was their first visit. We had a nice time having tea and chit chatting about the changes in humaira already.

After they left we came to our room to spend some time together.

"what is this zee?", Asked humaira pointing to an envelope that was under the pillow with a baby pink rose on top. I was actually clueless about that.

"there are two envelopes."

"why don't you open it",I said and she did as told.

she started reading it aloud,

"humaira love,
I know you'd be quite surprised reading this,but it's a small gift from me . I hope you like it .
love mamma"

she opened the next envelop to find two tickets of Singapore and Malaysia.

She almost screeched with excitement and then realised where she was and lowered her voice.

"dates?"

"tomorrow",she replied and I really wanted me to give that smile on that face. Nevertheless her dream destination would be a gift from me.

"So it's time to do some shopping?"

"of course of course", she replied and we told everyone about the surprise and offered our maghreb prayers and went to the city mall for some shopping.

we went shopping for her .She always wanted a long flowing maxi dress with a very thin belt om the waist.
After a lot of searching she selected two and went on to try them.

"How is it ?",she asked when I turned around.

It was a light mint green floor length full puff sleeved floral maxi with a thin golden belt teaming with a red hijab as the flowers on the maxi were red.

she was like planet Venus. There were clusters of stars in gazillion numbers that twinkled yet Venus would stand out and shine bright. The best part was she was effortlessly beautiful . she wasn't the kind of girl that'd make head turn but if you acquaint her you'd realise that she is a star with a beautiful soul.

She doesn't wear a lot of make up but her simplicity and the way she carries herself makes her so unique from the rest.

"okay I'm guessing it's not as good as I expected because your not replying", she said with a sad face.

It was fascinating how her little expressions effect my heart so deeply.

"hey mairuu wait.", and she turned to look at me with her head hung low.

"You look gorgeous and I mean it"

"sure?"

"yes my love "

We packed both the dresses and bought matching wedges and went on to do my shopping.

She had a rather good taste when it came to my dressing too because she was the one selecting for jaafar and her dad.

After nikah she had changed my entire wardrobe .I was so annoyed at first ,But later on when I attended weddings ,I got so many compliments and I started to believe that yes she was right.

Now ,I directly ask her to select but humaira being herself gives me all the liberty to make the final decision on which one I'd buy because according to her I should be comfortable in what I wear.

Once we headed back home ,she started packing and bhabhi no. 2 helped her with the packing .

☆☆☆☆At the airport☆☆☆☆

We bid them goodbye ,and walked towards the immigration.

--------------------------------------------------------
A/N:

Assalamualikum readers,
I hope you'll like this chapter. It brings out various roles of married life.
Don't forget to vote comment and share.:)