Chapter 5

Rodney was really starting to scare me, not that being tied up wasn't a little frightening. My hands were free but I knew the chances of me being able to get my feet untied before he realized what was going on. He paced back and forth in front of me with a crazed expression on his face. I wasn't sure what caused the change but whatever it was it must have happened while he was on the phone with my father.

"You know this is a stupid idea right?" The words left my lips with a grimace. I'm not sure how far down the rabbit hole he's fallen and saying the wrong thing could end up getting me shot, or worse. Monsters I can deal with, humans are a whole new territory that I feel should be left to Spencer. His movement stopped and his attention turned towards me like a lion zoning in on his prey.

"And why is that?" His primal expression turned smug as he looked over his handy work also known as my face.

"My dad isn't gonna let you walk away."

"What makes you think I can't take your old man?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, he's got my brothers and I highly doubt they're just gonna sit back and watch you try to kill him, and from what I can tell...you're alone." I hid my uncertainty with a smirk and slouched into the uncomfortable chair he had me tied to, I then realized that my slouching showed that I was untied but I knew if I fixed myself he would take notice. "You would have been better off killing me, then calling my dad."

"Do you want to die?" He looked at me like I was the crazy one and I'm starting to think he was right to do so. I've got no freaking clue as to what I'm doing. "And I needed to make sure he didn't think I was just blowing smoke." He shrugged, leaning against the weapons table.

"That'd be a hell of a lot of smoke if you got the police and news people involved." Its really time for me to stop talking. The longer I sat here the more worried I got. I knew for a fact that Spencer was looking for me, the amount of times my phone rings was proof of that.

There is no way in hell I'm sitting here until my dad somehow finds me and takes care of this nut job. All I really need is for him to go outside long enough for me to untie my feet, I'm pretty sure I can take him. But then again I didn't want to put the baby at risk when there's a possibility that someone will come and get me out of this shit hole. My phone started ringing again and Rodney went back to being pissed off. I felt my own blood boil when he answered it. The last thing I wanted was for Spencer to get involved in this mess. I'm not completely sure weather or not he can actually find me. I never told him anything about Bobby's cabin or about any of my father's friends. The only thing that might point him in this direction is if her were to find all old hunting gear. The thought of him finding all of that made a shiver rip throughout my body. Not to mention he wouldn't know what to do with any of that crap. It's not like he did much studding on the supernatural to know what any of it was or what it was used for.

I don't think he could find it anyway, not unless he tore our apartment apart, not that I would put it past him. It's not like he didn't know I had a shady background, I've told him a few stories about my childhood, of course I left out the monster parts. Spencer lived his life based on facts and statistics and I couldn't find it in me to strip him off that innocence.

"Addison's a little tied up at the moment." Rodney chuckled into the phone. I had been so caught up in my inner monologue that I hadn't been paying attention to him. I could hear Spencer's voice on the other end of the phone but couldn't make out what he was saying, Part of me wanted to yell out to him but I knew that was what he wanted me to do. "You want to talk to her?" I narrowed my eyes at him as he came closer to me. He crouched down right in front of my face before pushing the phone to my ear again.

"Addison?" Spencer asked franticly into the phone.

"I'm fine." I assured him, not taking my eyes off Rodney.

"Where are you?"

"Spencer, don't come looking for me, I can get myself out of this." Rodney outright laughed at my statement but I didn't care, in fact, him thinking that he could do anything was better for me, it made him reckless.

"Addison, don't do anything rash." Spencer's voice was panicky and I could tell it was taking a lot for him to stay calm, if you could call his voice calm. I was always the stronger one in our relationship. I was always the one that stood up against the tough guys and he was the one that hid behind me, not that any of that was a bad thing. He wasn't like the men that thought he needed to protect me from my own shadow. He let me stand up for myself and he knew that I would do anything to keep him safe and I knew that he would so the same if things ever got that bad. And just because he's a big shot FBI agent doesn't mean any of that has changed.

"Spencer, trust me. Everything will be fine."

"Are you hurt? What do you see? Do you know the man that has you?" Before I could reply Rodney took the phone and began moving to the door of the cabin with the phone pressed tightly to his ear.

The second he shut the door I hurriedly began to untie my feet. I couldn't help but grimace at the blood that coated my skin, it was drying in thick cracking clumps and broke every time I moved. I'm not sure how bad my face looked but by judging the amount of blood that stained my clothes it wasn't gonna be pretty. To most people the amount of blood would have freaked them out but I've been in enough fights to know that head wounds always looked worse then what they really were.

It took me a few seconds but the cord finally loosened enough for me to pull my feet through. I didn't waste anytime in celebrating my escape, I jumped straight out of the chair and made a dash for the weapon table. Normally I liked knives better then guns but I saw he had a gun tucked into the back of his jeans and I'm not going to be the idiot that takes a knife into a gun fight. Especially when I've got the option to grab a gun.

The shotgun was heavy but familiar in my hands as my fingers found the trigger and my gaze locked on the front door. I slowly moved backward towards the backdoor not taking my eyes off the wood. If I could just run into the woods I would be fine. My fingers wrapped around the doorknob behind me and I turned it as quietly as possible. I didn't turn my back on the front door until the I had the other one completely open. Just as I was about to push it open Rodney was coming back inside.